New Is 250 C - Extended Warranty

I just ordered a new IS 250 C and should have it late next week. The salesman sold me the Lexus Extra Care Gold warranty which warrants the car for 7 years/75,000 miles. After reading about the regular Lexus warranty, the powertrain is warranted for 70,000 miles over 4 years.

Do you think it's worth the extra money ($1650) for the bumper to bumper warranty for another 3 years?

Thanks.

I just ordered a new IS 250 C and should have it late next week. The salesman sold me the Lexus Extra Care Gold warranty which warrants the car for 7 years/75,000 miles. After reading about the regular Lexus warranty, the powertrain is warranted for 70,000 miles over 4 years.

Do you think it's worth the extra money ($1650) for the bumper to bumper warranty for another 3 years?

Thanks.

$1650 for another 3 years is not bad, but i wouldn't pay it. But if you have the $ , then pay it=]

Thanks.

It's NOT bumper to bumper

THERE WILL BE EXCLUSIONS!!

Check with the service advisor to find out what is & what is NOT covered!

This is NOT a decision that you need to make now. You have until 4 years/49,999 to make that decision. Secondly shop it around. The Genuine Lexus Platinum Warranty for 7yrs/100,000 miles w/ $0 deductible is about $1415 and 7 yr/75,000 mile is $1130.00. But I shopped it around and called a guy who is recommended in one the the links on this site:

Troy Dietrich

Toyota of Greenfield

12 Olive Street

Greenfield, MA 01301

In my case I drive 25 K a year (and I was up to 49,500 on the odometer) and he offered me 5 yr/100000 with $0 Deduct for $1070.00. This is the real deal not a third party warranty

I then went back to my dealer who has serviced the car for two year religiously and spoke with their finance dept. (they sell the thing). She wanted $1650. I told her of the offer I got for $1070 and would prefer to spend my dollars with them. She called me back later in the day and meet that price.

So shop it around, don't pay retail on this and you have time. Hope this helps.

Actually go into the Warranty forum on here, theres a guy by the name of Toby Rivers who sells genuine Lexus warranties at deeper discounts than that...

I'll echo what the above poster said, you don't have to buy it now. You can buy it all the way up to the expiration of the factory 4 year 50k mile warranty.

I had it on mine (its expired now) and it was worthwhile, it is an extension of the factory bumper to bumper warranty.

This is NOT a decision that you need to make now. You have until 4 years/49,999 to make that decision. Secondly shop it around. The Genuine Lexus Platinum Warranty for 7yrs/100,000 miles w/ $0 deductible is about $1415 and 7 yr/75,000 mile is $1130.00. But I shopped it around and called a guy who is recommended in one the the links on this site:

Troy Dietrich

Toyota of Greenfield

12 Olive Street

Greenfield, MA 01301

In my case I drive 25 K a year (and I was up to 49,500 on the odometer) and he offered me 5 yr/100000 with $0 Deduct for $1070.00. This is the real deal not a third party warranty

I then went back to my dealer who has serviced the car for two year religiously and spoke with their finance dept. (they sell the thing). She wanted $1650. I told her of the offer I got for $1070 and would prefer to spend my dollars with them. She called me back later in the day and meet that price.

So shop it around, don't pay retail on this and you have time. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I wonder if I can cancel the policy and then call your guy in MA?

Thanks for the info. I wonder if I can cancel the policy and then call your guy in MA?

I would immediately call the guy in MA and get the quote, then I would go back to your dealer and tell him either meet that price or cancel the policy. I would say to the person ...listen in these economic times I can't justify overspending on this item...

I have done this on other items in the last 6 months - just can't afford to throw money out the window.

INSIST, certainly if you did it within the last 3 days - there is a "three day right of recession" on anything like that - that's the law. If it was longer - they need to do it in good faith as far as I am concerned, especially if you are planning on servicing your vehicle there.

Thanks.

Powertrain warranty is 6 years.