What Lexus To Get Next?

yellowturbois300

I have a Mercedes S430 that I daily drive, but just sold my 01 is300 PFS turbo (weekend car). It had over 42k in mods done to it and really was a great car. The problem was that I could not keep a transmission in the car after the stage 3 upgrades. It had a built auto with stall convertor, but after going out for the third time within 30,000 miles I decided to sell the car.

Now I am in a better financial situation and looking to replace it with a new toy. I have been really busy at work and haven't kept up on the lexus modding scene. Can anyone give any recommendations as to what model lexus is now easily upgradeable to gain decent hp numbers?

Also what budgets are they requiring?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 6.gif

I have a Mercedes S430 that I daily drive, but just sold my 01 is300 PFS turbo (weekend car). It had over 42k in mods done to it and really was a great car. The problem was that I could not keep a transmission in the car after the stage 3 upgrades. It had a built auto with stall convertor, but after going out for the third time within 30,000 miles I decided to sell the car.

Now I am in a better financial situation and looking to replace it with a new toy. I have been really busy at work and haven't kept up on the lexus modding scene. Can anyone give any recommendations as to what model lexus is now easily upgradeable to gain decent hp numbers?

Also what budgets are they requiring?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 6.gif

What kind of hp are you looking for? or should I ask, what kind of speed and type of driving do you do? Are you looking for drag mods, or street modding? auto cross, drifter, DUB, VIP, tuner, showcar.....etc.etc.etc. The GS is a great platform. The new IS is still mostly untouchable for performance modding, but the 350 is so quick stock that if you want a great daily driver that you can have alot of fun with and just spend some money on show mods and suspension instead.

I woudl buy a vette for performance and money .

Lexus is a daily driver that will never perform high enough for the money spent. Even the IS-f is not a good value for the money in regards to power in comparision.

Psh M3 :P

M5!!! B)

Well, see, I would do this for an auto cross set up. The M3 chassis is a much better design. If we are keeping the budget under $80K, I could get an M3 and have plenty of cash left over to address all the upgrades I would need to make. Not to mention all the parts and design issues have already been address and are plentiful. (Though the BMW stamp still makes it all more expensive than other alternatives.) If the budget dropped to say $50K, then I would go the Mitsu Evo route. And if the budget was $30K I would go Ford Mustang, and if it was under $20K, I would watch from the grand stands and save up for awhile. :)