Can Not Decide Which To Buy...

Alright well, I would like to say that is this going to be my first post here on the site. I have decided that I am going to purchase a 2006 GS but I do not know which I am going to go with. First off the AWD sounds very nice and I could use it since I live in Buffalo, NY. But I have always owned V8 Rear wheel drive vehicles. So going with the 430 wouldnt be much a of a difference to me.

I went to the local Lexus dealer, all they had was the 300. And I told him multiple times if I was going to go with the V6 I would onlt consider the 350. But they kept on trying to get me off the 430(because they did not have any in stock). And was pushing me towards the 300.

Anyway... could someone here please just clarify with me all the differences between the 350 and the 430. besides the fact of awd and v8....

i would greatly appreciate it.. thanks much

I am only considering the 2006 models as welll, as they are in my price range

The 300 is underpower, if you use to driving V8, you will be disappointed with the 300. The 430 and the 350 is about the same performance wise, both does 0-60 in a little 6 sec. The 430 have nicer leather and varible suspension.

....and varible suspension.

I wouldn't touch a used car with this feature. I'm not sure if it's the air setup, or something similiar to the nissan product of throwing a switch to tighten up the shocks (i'm not familiar with the new GS series). But two words in the english dictionary that = ungodly expensive to repair is "variable" and "suspension". Especially when you consider the cost difference between a normal set up. For instance, on the LS400's, replacing a worn out strut on a normally set up LS400 is about $100. Replacing one with the air suspension, is about $1,000, no typo there, three $000's.

No Hybrid for me! So the 350 and 430 are about the same performance.. just the difference of an awd system?

Go with the AWD ;) Realy now, How fast from a stop light/sign do you need to go ? B)

• 2 weeks later...
Alright well, I would like to say that is this going to be my first post here on the site. I have decided that I am going to purchase a 2006 GS but I do not know which I am going to go with. First off the AWD sounds very nice and I could use it since I live in Buffalo, NY. But I have always owned V8 Rear wheel drive vehicles. So going with the 430 wouldnt be much a of a difference to me.

I went to the local Lexus dealer, all they had was the 300. And I told him multiple times if I was going to go with the V6 I would onlt consider the 350. But they kept on trying to get me off the 430(because they did not have any in stock). And was pushing me towards the 300.

Anyway... could someone here please just clarify with me all the differences between the 350 and the 430. besides the fact of awd and v8....

i would greatly appreciate it.. thanks much

I am only considering the 2006 models as welll, as they are in my price range

The 3.0 is far slower than the 3.5 and 430..Especially around town (usable torque). I would go with the AWD in NY though..I love my 430 and the smooth torque uptake and have always bought RWD cars.. Just my choice..But then again I live in FL :) I actually enjoy the choice of sport ride vs the standard setup in mine. I will say the normal set up is ok, but its nice to have the option of making it roll a bit less around the corners. The 430 is a strong and proven block. You wont have to worry about its durability. You will pick up a few more mpg's in the 350 but in the city its not huge imo. HWY I get 27 in mine and get about 19 in town with a heavy foot. Hope this helps. Good luck in your search!