Philips Vs. Silverstars

I bought some Philips lights because I wanted the more white light and bright look. After I installed them though I noticed they were a lot brighter but not so much white.

So I'm wondering which is the better bulb for near-HID look. (since i can't do HID's with my lenses)

post-44545-1241804959_thumb.jpg

post-44545-1241804977_thumb.jpg

Try Sylvania Xtravision bulbs instead of Sylvania Silverstars. I've read that the clear (they are not tinted blue) Xtravision bulbs is the same bulb sold in Europe as Silverstar. Xtravision bulbs cost a fraction of what U.S. Silverstars cost and provide a healthy boost in light output. Unfortunately, the Xtravision and the American Silverstar bulbs have similar relatively short lifespans. The short lifespan of the Xtravision bulbs is a lot easier to swallow since (where I live) they cost only about $15 for a 2-pack.

The only decent headlight solution I've seen for the gen 1 LS400 are the Eagle Eye headlights like member Python installed: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...amp;mode=linear To use Eagle Eye headlights on a 90-92 LS, one has to splice an H4 bulb connector onto the headlight wiring harness.

The OEM headlights on the gen 1 LS400 suck -- no, they are not that good! The awful headlights are the main reason I sold my 90 LS back in 2003. I might be driving it today if the Eagle Eye headlights had been available back then.

i have sylvania's in my eagle eyes and they are great, we sell the phillips at work and i have them in my camry and they are equally as good...either way u cant go wrong

Thanks for that link 1990!

Those headlight clusters look very nice. I like how the whole assembly is one piece too.

My headlights are kinda jacked up right now cause I hit a guys receiver hitch at about 1.5mph and it bent the aluminum crossmember in my front bumper causing my light cluster to not sit right :/

Ehh I have a spare set of Xtravisions for when my ULTRAs burn out and I need a pair while more ULTRAs are on order.

They aren't as bright, or white as the ULTRAs.

Here's a link to my lighting thread.

I replaced Highs/Lows with SIlverstar ULTRAs, and Fogd with NOKYA Hyper Yellows. B)

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...84&hl=ULTRA

i am going on vacation to washington state soon, i live in california so during my trip i will be going through the mountains....right now my low and high beams are one bulb(9003), i have inner bulbs that dont come on, they are in fact fog lights on the 90-91's,but on my 92 they are useless as they never turn on, im going to have my lights fixed so i can turn the inner lights on, i will be able to use them during my trip and will aid my high beams going through the dark mountain range...i already have my new stereo in which plays dvd's and i have 7.1 surround sound in my car...4 door speakers (5.25 inch jl audio),jl audio 2 way 6x9's in the rear deck and a 12 inch kicker sub in the trunk, so my girl will be watching movies as we go

post-44950-1242081514_thumb.jpg

geez im retarded...i already have a fog light switch on my headlight switch....i turned it on and my fog lights came on, anyways my mom lives in battle ground, ill be there from the 22-31st of this month

geez im retarded...i already have a fog light switch on my headlight switch....i turned it on and my fog lights came on, anyways my mom lives in battle ground, ill be there from the 22-31st of this month

Good to hear you found the fogs ;)

Battle Ground! dang that's almost on the border. I'm 4 hours north on the peninsula. Too bad we could have met up and had a mini G2G! haha

ya for sure, this guy thats in my gaming clan is a state trooper in washington but he lives near seattle,too far up there or i would meet him as well, i hope its not raining during my trip