Running Rough, No Power 1999 Rx300

davidditt

Thanks so much for all the help. I've been afraid to work on any car since my first; a 1966 Mustang convertable with a sweet little 289. Things made sense back then none of this computer stuff, but with the help of this forum I've replaced my power antenna for $29, the starter for about $100, and the brakes for under $100. Anyhow new problem. Two years ago I had the old won't idle issue, cleaned the sensor with the help of the forum and things have been perfect until this morning. It seems to idle okay but it is running rough and missing out some. I tried cleaning the O2 sensor just in case and didn't seem to make a difference. It ran great yesterday and just happened all of the sudden.

Is the check engine light on? Did you clean the IACV? Did you check for any broken vacuum lines?

I did clean the iacv, it didn't make a difference. It idles okay but you can tell it's not hitting on all cylinders. Didn't check vacuum lines, any one in particular that I should look for? Also the check engine light is on and starts flashing when it starts running really bad. Not sure but I think flashing is not good. I went to AutoZone to see if they could check the codes for me but said that here in Cali. they don't do that sort of thing. Should I purchase a unit to check myself, and if so is there one you would recommend?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Is the check engine light on? Did you clean the IACV? Did you check for any broken vacuum lines?

I did clean the iacv, it didn't make a difference. It idles okay but you can tell it's not hitting on all cylinders. Didn't check vacuum lines, any one in particular that I should look for? Also the check engine light is on and starts flashing when it starts running really bad. Not sure but I think flashing is not good. I went to AutoZone to see if they could check the codes for me but said that here in Cali. they don't do that sort of thing. Should I purchase a unit to check myself, and if so is there one you would recommend?

You need to go to a different AZ. They quit doing the check here in Cal. (probably because some lawyer got hungry and spoiled it for everyone),but unless they have changed, they will let you use the tool (in the parking lot) and then bring it in and they will do the print out for you. If you can't find one that will do that, there are others here that can advise you on a scanner to buy. I have one but it's probably more expensive than you would want to buy. Good Luck!

You need to go to a different AZ. They quit doing the check here in Cal. (probably because some lawyer got hungry and spoiled it for everyone),but unless they have changed, they will let you use the tool (in the parking lot) and then bring it in and they will do the print out for you. If you can't find one that will do that, there are others here that can advise you on a scanner to buy. I have one but it's probably more expensive than you would want to buy. Good Luck!

Thanks a lot.