Help Please

shmelvin

I have to lower my 2004 to get it in the garage, I put a heavy case in the back and I can only assume that some sort of load leveling took place because the rear has raised up and is now completely stuck in the garage. the down/lower button does nothing. Does anyone have any idea how I can lower the vehicle? it is jammed up against the roof beam.

That's strange that you must lower it everytime to get it in the garage and now that it's IN there it suddenly will not work at all. Are you leaving a door ajar while you are trying to lower it? All the doors must be closed or else it will not do anything. Or you could place the heavy trunk back into the truck to help lower it. Or just get a !Removed! neighbor to come sit in it. Let us know how it goes!!

Yes Nic is right. Make sure all doors are closed and the car is "on".. and the suspension should lower itself regardless if there's something heavy in it.

Maybe when you get the car out, consider removing the roof rack (if you have one on)? ;)

And possibly put the car in "PARK" also, foot off brake, and it should lower itself. Come to think of it, opening the door when the car is in park should lower the car because it self-lowers for "easy entry and exit" access...

;)

Thanks for the advise I tried everything except letting air out of the tires and nothing has worked. Also my car has never lowered itself in park does everybody elses do this?

No you must press the lower button. So your truck is still in the garage? What are you gona do?

I removed the roof rack completely and everything is now OK. I am leaving the rack off, I purchased the little plastic covers that go over the slots for the bolt holes. I just have to remember never put anything heavy in the rear while in the garage.

The vehicle will lower while in Park. With the engine on, select the low position, then close all the doors. It should go down. You can adjust it to all the positions in the same manner.

There is an Off button that can maintain the current setting, such as when jacking up the vehicle, or if you don't want it to change while in the garage. However, once moving, the default N position will be taken once the appropriate speed is reached. If the Off button is pushed while in N mode, then pushing the AHC control to H or L will not have an impact. The Off setting will display in the dashboard. Hopefully, you did not have to take off the roof rack because the Off button was activated, preventing the LX from going into Low.

I removed the roof rack completely and everything is now OK. I am leaving the rack off, I purchased the little plastic covers that go over the slots for the bolt holes. I just have to remember never put anything heavy in the rear while in the garage.

I am curious as to how you got the roof rack off while it was wedged against the roof of the garage. It seems that even if you took screws out it would still be wedged? Would it have been easier just to load the truck full of junk to lower it to get it out of the garage?