More Sound

lasik124

I would love to cut a hole in my fender.. and duct some piping into a "ram" type setup in the lower grill.

buuuuuuuuut...... i don't think I have the grapes for that at the moment!! :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to cut a hole in my fender.. and duct some piping into a "ram" type setup in the lower grill.

buuuuuuuuut...... i don't think I have the grapes for that at the moment!! :D

:lol: that would be a good modification for a better cool air intake than the Factory setup for sure....and when you think you get the grapefruits to do it....take pics!! B)

Drift Girl has a similar setup on her turbo'd SC400. She custom fabed up a plate of carbon fiber to go over the hole she cut in the fender. Setup is sick.

I took pics of it at the last HIN in Seattle.. maybe I'll have to post one up.

haha.

Well all ANYONE has ever told me is that it's not a good idea to have the exhaust exit right under the vehicle.

NOBODY has EVER given me a REASON why. And still... nobody will.

So I say do it. I had mine like that for months before I got my exhaust done.

haha.

Well all ANYONE has ever told me is that it's not a good idea to have the exhaust exit right under the vehicle.

NOBODY has EVER given me a REASON why. And still... nobody will.

So I say do it. I had mine like that for months before I got my exhaust done.

A couple reasons. one is that gas fumes can get in the car. Obviously this is not realy a big issue for a car as air tight as a Lexus

2nd is that a little back pressure is a good thing.

I plan on doing my custom exhaust this summer. I was thinking about running 2 cherry bomb resonators and two flowmasters through 2 1/4" off the stock Y-pipe. Does that sound good or should I just leave out the cherry bombs? Also what about aluminum insted of Stainless for the piping? Is there any major drawbacks? The local exhaust shop only has aluminium not SS.

I plan on doing my custom exhaust this summer. I was thinking about running 2 cherry bomb resonators and two flowmasters through 2 1/4" off the stock Y-pipe. Does that sound good or should I just leave out the cherry bombs? Also what about aluminum insted of Stainless for the piping? Is there any major drawbacks? The local exhaust shop only has aluminium not SS.

I'd stay away from cherry bomb's. From what I've learned they tend not to last very long. A friend of mine had two of them burn out in a little over a year. They may be a great product at the start seeing as you can pick them up for a little over $20 but there may be a reason for that.

That is the perfect setup off the stock Y.. but...

Screw cherry bombs. I got Thrush Magnums. B)

Resonators DRASTICALLY improve the tone of the exhaust, in MY opinion. Without them the 1UZ can sometimes sound "ricey" because of it's high compression. Remember this is not a big !Removed! muscle car V8.

Flowmasters and also other high flow/high performance mufflers have surpassed the cherrybomb age, the concept behing the cherrybomb has been intergrated in the new designs of performance mufflers, eliminating the need for cherrybombs altogether! ;)

Easiest thing to do is just remove the mufflers and leave it like that. It gives it a nice cool look in the winter because you can see your exhaust pour out of your wheel wells.

I've had no problems with mine, and it sounds great inside and out. Not like a truck V8, but a racing V8. I'll put some video up later so you can hear it.

(Also if you just take off all the exhaust and run it straight from the headers it gives the car a nice loud as $h!t exhaust note) ;)

Edit: didn't notice there was more than 1 page

Flowmasters and also other high flow/high performance mufflers have surpassed the cherrybomb age, the concept behing the cherrybomb has been intergrated in the new designs of performance mufflers, eliminating the need for cherrybombs altogether! ;)

Flowmasters are generally keyed for American. Greddy or a brand like that would be best to go with for a car like this.

Flowmasters are generally keyed for American. Greddy or a brand like that would be best to go with for a car like this.

..Good point...i forget sometimes i am in a import, cause i use to never hear import and V8 in the same sentence... :rolleyes:

Flowmasters are what i have on my 'stang. they have a good throaty tone. i havent heard what Greddy's sound like yet.

2 different videos. (sound quality isn't great)

First is my Lexus -my stock Lexus mufflers

Second is me and my buddies Lexus -all the stock exhaust running it straight off the headers.

I love watching your friend text for 20 seconds. I wish I could get that time for my life back :rolleyes:

Sounds horrible straight from the headers.

I need to get new vids of my system for you children B)

2 different videos. (sound quality isn't great)

First is my Lexus -my stock Lexus mufflers

Second is me and my buddies Lexus -all the stock exhaust running it straight off the headers.

I love watching your friend text for 20 seconds. I wish I could get that time for my life back :rolleyes:

Sounds horrible straight from the headers.

I need to get new vids of my system for you children B)

Thats what i've been waiting for someone to post...a true Muffler Delete soundbyte!

i was thinkin about gettin my exhaust redone one last time but if i removed both the mufflers there would really be any thing to muffle the sound, but i remember what my car sounded like with str8 pipes and it was pretty damn loud sounded like a nascar.