Cruise Control

My cruise control does not work too well on even slight down hill. If I set it to 70, I ended up over 80, although the slope is not that steep. Is this common?

Since your vehicle will not apply its brakes and considering the total vehicle weight at over 4600 lbs, yes, that is very possible when coasting down even a slight grade.

Another factor is that the ICE usually doesn't run down hill (well, in the strictest sense it IS spinning so as to not smoke the HSD), so you're not getting the compression breaking you'd normally experience in a straight ICE vehicle. You DO get regen, but that's no where near the breaking power of cylinders compressing. Pressing on the break pedal just a smidge will cause the vehicle to be slowed even more (by regen alone). I can't remember exactly how hard one has to press on the brake pedal before the brake pads actually start putting decent pressure against the rotors, but you'll certainly be past the 15% pressure applied point.

I live in the Tampa FL area. the interstate is like a roller coaster after 3 or 4 humps it's like the Cruise Control forgets the speed it's set at i.e if it's set for 60 mph it speeds up to 65 then slows down to 55.

anyone else have this?

I live in the Tampa FL area. the interstate is like a roller coaster after 3 or 4 humps it's like the Cruise Control forgets the speed it's set at i.e if it's set for 60 mph it speeds up to 65 then slows down to 55.

anyone else have this?

Same thing happens to me. It's really annoying, and tends to tick off people driving behind me as well, which is not good.

anyone else have this?

I don't have that problem. Mine is very repeatable although it will pick up some speed on a long downhill.

Tom