Led Tail Lights

Tommy_B

This thread has made me curious. Do these LED light units have connectors that plug into the bulb sockets on the car's wiring harness ... or does one have to chop the connectors off the car's wiring harness and splice the wires to the LED light units?

Do these LED light units contain load resisters so that the "bulb out" indicator in the instrument cluster doesn't light up?

In other words, are these LED tail light units "plug and play?

God I'd hope they'd be plug and play for that price!! :D

I know there are LED boards with 7443 connections. I've seen some at www.superbrightleds.com if anyone wants to do a custom LED job! :D

God I'd hope they'd be plug and play for that price!! :D

Yes, but are they "plug and play". I don't see anything about it on the eBay sellor's offer. If one had to chop off the connectors from the car's harness and hardwire to the LED light units and wire in load resisters ... then I wouldn't give these things any thought at all.

They are plug and play , they have boards inside each light cluster.

There are 2 styles now , one with a clear center all the way to the trunk lamp and one with the trunk lamp all red with only the reverse lights clear.

If you think $485 is expensive ,try Junction prodcue for $1200 .

Even crappy cavalier aftermarket tails Are $200 , do you not expect the parts to be inline with the vehicle ?

I agree it is expensive but i did not buy a Lexus so I could ride the bus.

They are plug and play , they have boards inside each light cluster.

There are 2 styles now , one with a clear center all the way to the trunk lamp and one with the trunk lamp all red with only the reverse lights clear.

If you think $485 is expensive ,try Junction prodcue for $1200 .

Even crappy cavalier aftermarket tails Are $200 , do you not expect the parts to be inline with the vehicle ?

I agree it is expensive but i did not buy a Lexus so I could ride the bus.

yeah SK i guess that is right.

oh and im ordering my new interior today. :)

Gotta love those S class knock-offs ;) LOL :lol: hahaha jk man. I love your tails though they look great!

Damn bro quit the hatin'. J/k I told ya, I thought I was being inventive when I did that and after you mentioned it, I see them differently now. I do still like them though and have had a few people in 430s ask about them. :)

how did you do your tail lights like that?

I took them out (about 30 min) and spray painted them. I did 3 light coats and reinstalled them. I bought some pinstripe from the autozone and carefully followed the lines on the lights and that was it. It was about an hour and a half total time. I really like them and they look really good in person,actually better in person than in pictures.

how did you do your tail lights like that?

I took them out (about 30 min) and spray painted them. I did 3 light coats and reinstalled them. I bought some pinstripe from the autozone and carefully followed the lines on the lights and that was it. It was about an hour and a half total time. I really like them and they look really good in person,actually better in person than in pictures.

ha i might have to actually steal your idea about the pinstripes. it looks sweet.