Possible New Is350 Owner, Options Question

Currently I own a 97 BMW 540 and while I love the car it is just getting to the point where all my upkeep and money I am spending on it could go towards a car payment. I have been looking at newer 545's along with some 330CI ZHP's out there but I can't find the one within my price point and with all the options I would like in the car. I know BMW cars real good, but Lexus is a whole new brand for me and I am pretty much clueless.

From what I have seen, 06-07' IS350's are in a good price point for me and seem like a nice enough car for me to look into getting one. I want to make sure I look into getting the correct options loaded on the car before I make the final plunge in buying one however.

With that being said, what are some of the must need options I should look for? Does Lexus offer any kind of sport package or aero package like BMW? I know I want a car equipped with NAV and a good sound system along with HID lights, what else is there on the IS350?

What is the main difference between a 2006 and 2007 IS350? Did they change anything big from 06 to 07?

I have browsed about 10 pages on here and couldn't find much info. Is there a web site listing all available options for 06 and 07 IS350's? Or if someone could post me to another thread that would be great!

TIA, Eric

post-42851-1235447104.gif

No changes on the 06-07 model, the 08 had a few changes, and the 09 has a few more changes. Nothing major in any of them. I would say the most significant change has been the 08's ability to shut off the VDIM by pushing the button.

There is a sport package, and also a luxo package. And yes there is a Euro kit, and Fsport aftermarket stuff. Nothing like the BMW support though.

No changes on the 06-07 model, the 08 had a few changes, and the 09 has a few more changes. Nothing major in any of them. I would say the most significant change has been the 08's ability to shut off the VDIM by pushing the button.

There is a sport package, and also a luxo package. And yes there is a Euro kit, and Fsport aftermarket stuff. Nothing like the BMW support though.

Thanks for the reply and welcome!

What does the Sport and Luxury package add to the car?

Thanks for the reply and welcome!

What does the Sport and Luxury package add to the car?

Anyone? I getting very close to making a decision on a Lexus. How do I know the car has the sport package? I would be buying this particular car off a Infiniti dealer.

They have lowered the price to $23999. Does the car below look like a good deal?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u...;standard=false

It's an ok price. And it doesn't have the luxury or sport package. It has the premium package with nav. and no Mark Levinson. It's actually the most common and popular package. Sport package adds stainless steel sport pedals and door sills, stiffer suspension, spoiler and a few other minor cosmetics. Luxury package come with electric tilt steering and memory seating and mirrors.

It's an ok price. And it doesn't have the luxury or sport package. It has the premium package with nav. and no Mark Levinson. It's actually the most common and popular package. Sport package adds stainless steel sport pedals and door sills, stiffer suspension, spoiler and a few other minor cosmetics. Luxury package come with electric tilt steering and memory seating and mirrors.

Is there a way to tell if it has Mark Levinson? Is it marked on the speakers?

Also, does the luxury package only offer electric tilt and memory seating/mirrors? That doesn't seem all that great for a luxury package.

I know this is a Lexus board, but I am shopping Lexus against Infiniti G35. The prices are similar. Any positives with going with the IS350 over the G35? I really like the hard drive/nav capability on the G35.

I just listed the basics in a summary. there are a few others, but the Luxury package on an IS is considered rare, as they were special order mostly. And it would say Mark Levinson on the head unit itself if it had the ML option. I've heard both, and the premium sound system sounds great, with the ML offering a few DSP sound modes and 5.1 Dobly Digital.

The ever so popular IS350 vs. G35 debate. Well, I personally think that they came out with the G37 because the G35 was getting it's butt handed to it by the IS350. Engine power wise, they aren't even in the same league. And it's still faster than the new G37's. Not to take away from Infinity though, They are a good car also. I just think the IS is so sexy and class. The G35 looks good, but only as a coupe, where as the IS looks hot as a 4 door.

Sport also has electric tilt steer, memory seats too. Sport and Lux also have rain sensing wipers, and auto dimming and tilt down side view mirrors. It's all on the IS page on lexus.com, under "Options". The :Lux/Sport Pkgs haven't changed much year to year.

What do you guys think would be a good deal for the car I listed above?

I offered the dealer $22,000 and they declined. This is after they are giving me only 4,000 for my 97 BMW 540 with under 100k, well just below at 99500. However I could probably do better selling it out right myself just don't really want to deal with that. I figure if I can get them lower on the car it will be a wash with the low amount they are giving me for the trade.

Also, if I gave a Lexus dealer the vin number could they pull all the options on the car? Does Lexus mind doing that kind of thing if they are not the one selling it? I know it is hit or miss with BMW doing that for people.

How does everyone like the Navigation in the IS350? It looks pretty darn sweet and this would be my first car with nav.

In terms of after market upgrades, what are some must haves for all you IS350 drivers? I don't want to break the bank but I wouldn't mind adding a little more power.

What do you guys think would be a good deal for the car I listed above?

I offered the dealer $22,000 and they declined. This is after they are giving me only 4,000 for my 97 BMW 540 with under 100k, well just below at 99500. However I could probably do better selling it out right myself just don't really want to deal with that. I figure if I can get them lower on the car it will be a wash with the low amount they are giving me for the trade.

Also, if I gave a Lexus dealer the vin number could they pull all the options on the car? Does Lexus mind doing that kind of thing if they are not the one selling it? I know it is hit or miss with BMW doing that for people.

How does everyone like the Navigation in the IS350? It looks pretty darn sweet and this would be my first car with nav.

In terms of after market upgrades, what are some must haves for all you IS350 drivers? I don't want to break the bank but I wouldn't mind adding a little more power.

Go to Lexus.com and print out the list of all available options. You should be able to figure out everything it has. But--I would think that Lexus would do this for you. They are supposed to be known for their great customer service, and they would want to do what they could to get you in as a service customer.

(UConn all the way this year!)

Previous IS350 I was looking at sold, found another with NAV, Mark Levinson, and Luxury package!

The dealer wanted $29900, I told them they were basically nuts. They finally agreed to get it down to $27500 and offered me $4000 for my trade. Still not happy I got them down a bit more to $26750 but they offered me $5500 for my trade which is 1500 more than anyone has offered me after trying 6 different dealers.

I am almost ready to make the leap, the only thing holding me back is the color. What is everyone's thought on the color below? Is the Luxury package a good option to have for resale? What does everyone think on the deal, not bad?

Previous IS350 I was looking at sold, found another with NAV, Mark Levinson, and Luxury package!

The dealer wanted $29900, I told them they were basically nuts. They finally agreed to get it down to $27500 and offered me $4000 for my trade. Still not happy I got them down a bit more to $26750 but they offered me $5500 for my trade which is 1500 more than anyone has offered me after trying 6 different dealers.

I am almost ready to make the leap, the only thing holding me back is the color. What is everyone's thought on the color below? Is the Luxury package a good option to have for resale? What does everyone think on the deal, not bad?

I had to order my '09 IS250 in order to get the Luxury package and the ML system. I had the dealer look nationwide and he said he coul dnot find one with those options and the color I wanted. He said it could take 10-12 weeks for build and delivery so the wait is on.

Why do you care if we like the color?--you have to live with it. If you like it, pull the tirgger! Alvam is right--Lux Pkg is not an easy find.

you can't tell what color the car is when you're sitting in it and cruizing at 90 mph.

Color for me is not a big issue, i wanted white, black or dark grey...dealer/broker could only find what i wanted in silver...so silverit was.

I can tell you that the green and champagne colours are relatively uncommon.

I also dont see too many red ones out there, the colours i listed above are way more common.

like the last poster said....you need to live with it, but in the end i am sure you'd agree that it is way more about the drive than what it looks like (even though 250-350's) are FRIGGIN sexy.

ps. that green could look killer with some gunmetal or black 18 or 19 inch rims.