00 Lexus Gs300 Intake Installation Prob!help.

Hello. Thank you for taking a look at my post. I bought a new intake and installed it how I usually do to other cars. but this one is giving me Problems. there is one tube that does not have a place to be plugged in to so I put an oil breather on it. that did not solve the problem. When I took it for a spin at first it wants to stall, but later it just gives revvs but it feels like half of the horsepower is cut off

PIC01711.jpg

PIC01708.jpg

PIC01705.jpg

Hello. Thank you for taking a look at my post. I bought a new intake and installed it how I usually do to other cars. but this one is giving me Problems. there is one tube that does not have a place to be plugged in to so I put an oil breather on it. that did not solve the problem. When I took it for a spin at first it wants to stall, but later it just gives revvs but it feels like half of the horsepower is cut off

it's a universal intake with 2 inlets for hoses. and i have 3 hoses. We tried putting that vacuum hose into the intake and there was no change.

Here is what I did...

gallery_1634_11_1128047131.jpg

For this type of mod I have the best of both worlds, The stock intake box and the polished 3" intake tube ( the stock is around 2 1/2" ) and it doesn't upset the integrity of the engine bay. Let me know what YOU think B) :cheers:

Here is what I did...

For this type of mod I have the best of both worlds, The stock intake box and the polished 3" intake tube ( the stock is around 2 1/2" ) and it doesn't upset the integrity of the engine bay. Let me know what YOU think B):cheers:

that would look nice and stealth if you had the intake painted flat black....but it looks ok there also

Here is what I did...

For this type of mod I have the best of both worlds, The stock intake box and the polished 3" intake tube ( the stock is around 2 1/2" ) and it doesn't upset the integrity of the engine bay. Let me know what YOU think B):cheers:

Nice setup! What intake tube did you use? not a Joe Z is it?

ok DCFISH don't leave me hanging. tell us how you did it. what was your process on modding the intakebox to fit the 3" tube. what other problems did you run into in the process? did you see any power gains? How does it sound?

• 3 months later...

DCFISH You did a great job in the modification. Did you have to cut the intake from both ends to make it fit? How and what did you use to connect the intake to the air box? It is such a great project that I would like to try it under your guidance and instructions.....

DCFISH You did a great job in the modification. Did you have to cut the intake from both ends to make it fit? How and what did you use to connect the intake to the air box? It is such a great project that I would like to try it under your guidance and instructions.....

Thanks for the compliments B) I have never had a problem with this mod. I have a spare stock airbox that I will take pic's of and talk you through this easy mod. :cheers:

• 2 months later...
Where did you get that VVT-I emblem?

On the bay.... When I make a little time for myself I will list the procedure for the mod, Just haven't had any time for my GS lately. Except for normal maintenance. The fall is a better time for me to work on the GS anyway. B)