My new IS 350

Whatever you get, make sure the charger plug is angled, or you cant close the damn center console

FYI - I use the Kensington Liquid Aux for iPhone and iPod. It uses a single cable to the iPhone/iPod dock connector to both power the phone and route audio through the car's Aux Input jack. The plug for the 12 volt accessory port in the center console is low profile, so it fits perfectly with the console closed. It's like it was made specifically for the IS. There is of course no integration with the NAV system, but it has a remote control with play/pause/skip control and I don't even find a need to use this. It's about $80 and a great solution considering the constraints of the console and the cost of the full blown Lexus solution.

I've also read on the Lexus solution that it's designed for storing the iPhone/iPod in the glove compartment, which I find inconvenient to access and plug stuff into as the driver. It would also negate any satellite radio option you had installed.

One drawback - using the Aux Input jack for the audio system while also powering the iPhone/iPod from the car results in a ground loop and ignition noise (whine). There is a service bulletin on this and I just had it done for my car. Works perfectly now.

http://us.kensington.com/html/14492.html

not really a new topic...just wanted to share that I finally got My Lexus!!! It is a 2006 350 with 39K miles. Paid 25k for it and I must say...it is SWEET!!!

arob. :D

Sounds like a good deal. Just curious, did you buy it from a dealer or private party?

thanks

Apparently with this you can control your iPod via the touchscreen Nav audio options. + it connects via the data port at the bottom of your iPod, not through the headphone jack = better sound quality. Check it out:

http://www.vaistech.com/home.php

Wonder if anyone already has this installed, any comments?

I pretty much navigate my Ipod playlists and songs with the ^ v buttons on the steering wheel. A quick tap takes you to the next song, a solid push for a second and it switches to the next playlist. So I have about 30, 20-25 song playlists that I just assign a number to on itunes. I seperate mine by mood and type. Like I have 1 playlist is Lounge, 2 playlist is upbeat electronic and dance, 3 is Jazz, etc. etc. I haven't noticed any delay from the button to the system, unless I skip past a bunch of playlists at once, it sometimes takes a second to catch up, but that's expected I would think.

not really a new topic...just wanted to share that I finally got My Lexus!!! It is a 2006 350 with 39K miles. Paid 25k for it and I must say...it is SWEET!!!

arob. :D

Sounds like a good deal. Just curious, did you buy it from a dealer or private party?

thanks

Bought it at the Santa Monica dealer...a couple of days after Christmas. I was actually looking at anothe IS 350...but this one was too good to pass up! I mean, 25k out-the-door? Merry Christmas to me!! Also, I did end up purchasing an extended warranty. Just in case.