Ls600hl

Hello.

I'm thinking about buy a used LS600 and wanted to hear from current owners about the good, the bad and the ugly of this model.

Thanks,

Hank

:cheers:

Good luck on finding LS600hL owner on this board. They probably at a golf course somewhere trying to close a business deal :P Seriously, I'm interested in hearing what current LS600hL have to say about their vehicle too, but I think this is a very exclusive club. Btw, how much are you planning to spend on this used one? I saw a few 08 models near I live with about 12-20k miles on it for $80K to $85K. Still held up value pretty well!

i went with the gas car because it gets better mpg on the hwy and because the trunk is bigger.

i picked up a new 09 with awd for 83k. 2009 is the first year for awd and in my opinion the awd drives better than the rwd car. The awd car comes standard with a better suspension and better steering.

the 460 l is a longer car but it has more room.

study the brochure and the manual because both have slightly different informaation

you will love the car

i went with the gas car because it gets better mpg on the hwy and because the trunk is bigger.

i picked up a new 09 with awd for 83k. 2009 is the first year for awd and in my opinion the awd drives better than the rwd car. The awd car comes standard with a better suspension and better steering.

the 460 l is a longer car but it has more room.

study the brochure and the manual because both have slightly different informaation

you will love the car

Thanks for the reply. Did you drive a 600hL before the gas awd? You've peaked my interest in the awd, it seems to be similar to the Audi Quattros. I've had three of them before converting to the Lexus side.

Hello.

I'm thinking about buy a used LS600 and wanted to hear from current owners about the good, the bad and the ugly of this model.

Thanks,

Hank

Good luck on finding LS600hL owner on this board. They probably at a golf course somewhere trying to close a business deal :P Seriously, I'm interested in hearing what current LS600hL have to say about their vehicle too, but I think this is a very exclusive club. Btw, how much are you planning to spend on this used one? I saw a few 08 models near I live with about 12-20k miles on it for $80K to $85K. Still held up value pretty well!

Thanks, I'm seeing them for that range as well. I saw two on Autobytel in Minnesota for $15k each and when I called it was a misprint (duh) :D

Did you drive a 600hL before the gas awd? You've peaked my interest in the awd, it seems to be similar to the Audi Quattros. I've had three of them before converting to the Lexus side.

I drove both. to me they drive alike. both are better than the rwd in my opinion.

Thanks Phil

I appreciate your insight.

Did you drive a 600hL before the gas awd? You've peaked my interest in the awd, it seems to be similar to the Audi Quattros. I've had three of them before converting to the Lexus side.

I drove both. to me they drive alike. both are better than the rwd in my opinion.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't have the 600 but when I was selling my LS460L, I actually had a guy who traded in his 460L for the 600hL wanted to buy my car as he was in the process of selling his 600hL back to the dealership. His main compliant of the 600hL is the ride is a bit stiffer compare to the 460L due to the extra batteries in the trunk. I had a chance to drive a 600hL once after that and notice the stiffer ride as well. Both cars and as matter of fact the new 460AWD all have the same air suspension.

• 1 month later...
I have a 600. What would you like to know?

Greetings,

I just got my 2008 LS600hL this weekend. Great car, but where did the storage "cubbies" go? Is there a way to convert the ashtray into a stoage space? Where is a good place to store pens and stuff?

Thanks,

Hank

• 1 month later...

You can convert it; the part is not cheap however. You might also look into this tray:

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2478

from Lexus Japan that seems to install under the top part of the center armrest.

I have a 600. What would you like to know?

Greetings,

I just got my 2008 LS600hL this weekend. Great car, but where did the storage "cubbies" go? Is there a way to convert the ashtray into a stoage space? Where is a good place to store pens and stuff?

Thanks,

Hank