2008 Vs 2009

poko

Looking to buy an ES350. There are some remaining 2008 in inventory at some dealers to consider vs a 2009.

The dealer says there is no difference in 2008 vs 2009. I'm sure that's essentially true, but surely, there must be at least some minor/subtle differences in trim, texture or something.

Can anyone tell me of any differences, no matter how minor?

Thanks.

They constantly make little refinements in process, Lexus doesn't wait until the end of the model year to make improvements. The 08 had a couple slight changes from the '07, but I don't know of any in the '09.

I would work out a deal on an '08 and call it a day.

Two dealers (and a number of websites) said there was no difference at all between 2008 and 2009 ES350's.

I bought the 2008 since the price was a lot better. True, you would lose the difference on resale if you sell in a few years but I bought a Lexus on the reputation that it will last a long time without a lot of repairs. I'm hoping for 10 years & 150,000 miles of trouble-free driving.

A woman at work just hit 100,200 miles on the GX430 she got the first week they came out. Only issue was the driveshaft recall the first year and the chrome wheels (uneven edges leaked air and she finally ditched the wheels to the dealership's chagrin). She also has a Pebble Beach SC430 and wants to get a ES350 now as a daily driver.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no difference between a Base '08 or an '09 Lexus ES 350. There is however a difference in the option pricing. I have not seen an MSRP sticker of an '09 yet, but I have read the Lexus introduction information. It says:

The Premium Plus Package is available in a "Luxury Value Edition" for $1,280. It makes no mention of the Premium Package which was $1,280 on the '08s. The Premium Plus Package was $2,480. on the '08s. So the MSRP of the Premium Plus Package appears to be $1,200. lower. The Pebble Beach Edition is also $1,200. lower, and the Ultra Luxury Package is $1,500. lower. It should also be noted that the '09 brochure makes no mention of the Premium Package. The color change involved replacing Royal Ruby Metallic with Matador Red Mica.

With all the above being said, I bought my wife a brand new '08 with the Premium Package and she loves it. BTW, three weeks later, I bought myself a brand new '08 IS-F. I fell in love with it while buying her car, and couldn't get it out of my mind.

Lou

There is no difference between a Base '08 or an '09 Lexus ES 350. There is however a difference in the option pricing. I have not seen an MSRP sticker of an '09 yet, but I have read the Lexus introduction information. It says:

The Premium Plus Package is available in a "Luxury Value Edition" for $1,280. It makes no mention of the Premium Package which was $1,280 on the '08s. The Premium Plus Package was $2,480. on the '08s. So the MSRP of the Premium Plus Package appears to be $1,200. lower. The Pebble Beach Edition is also $1,200. lower, and the Ultra Luxury Package is $1,500. lower. It should also be noted that the '09 brochure makes no mention of the Premium Package. The color change involved replacing Royal Ruby Metallic with Matador Red Mica.

With all the above being said, I bought my wife a brand new '08 with the Premium Package and she loves it. BTW, three weeks later, I bought myself a brand new '08 IS-F. I fell in love with it while buying her car, and couldn't get it out of my mind.

Lou

Wow...good deal...The Lexus family kinda pulls you toward them...very elegant and classy....no pretenders... :cheers: