Good News/bad News...

In the good news department : Took the IS up to the Okanogan area of BC for a bit of wine tasting (btw, they have a number of excellent wines!). Much to our surprise ( and apparently the weather forecasters as well ) it snowed, in some areas over 5 inches. Now mind you, the IS is my wife's car. I drive a Subaru and am partial to its AWD capabilities. The areas where wineries are, well, they are quite hilly. I am happy to say that the IS (250AWD) had no problems whatsoever with any hill. Took our time, of course, but I was quite impressed with the Lexus AWD. First time we've ever really had to see what it could do.

Bad news : just had the windshild replaced on the IS. Safelite once again ( they did my Subaru about six months ago ) did a very poor job. The molding is not straight, and at the bottom of the passenger side jamb, the you can just pull the large piece right out. I have it pushed in enough to not fly out. Then, at the top of the jamb pieces, there is a little tab that should be tucked under the top piece not sit on top of it. Just a totally poor job. On top of that, on bumpy roads, there now a new creak/rattle in the dash/windsheild area that we've never heard before....stay tuned, will give them a chance to make it right.

So we have a couple cases of some nice wine :P , I have much more appreciation for the IS 250AWD in the snow :) , but we have some windshield issues to get corrected. :cries:

In the good news department : Took the IS up to the Okanogan area of BC for a bit of wine tasting (btw, they have a number of excellent wines!). Much to our surprise ( and apparently the weather forecasters as well ) it snowed, in some areas over 5 inches. Now mind you, the IS is my wife's car. I drive a Subaru and am partial to its AWD capabilities. The areas where wineries are, well, they are quite hilly. I am happy to say that the IS (250AWD) had no problems whatsoever with any hill. Took our time, of course, but I was quite impressed with the Lexus AWD. First time we've ever really had to see what it could do.

Bad news : just had the windshild replaced on the IS. Safelite once again ( they did my Subaru about six months ago ) did a very poor job. The molding is not straight, and at the bottom of the passenger side jamb, the you can just pull the large piece right out. I have it pushed in enough to not fly out. Then, at the top of the jamb pieces, there is a little tab that should be tucked under the top piece not sit on top of it. Just a totally poor job. On top of that, on bumpy roads, there now a new creak/rattle in the dash/windsheild area that we've never heard before....stay tuned, will give them a chance to make it right.

So we have a couple cases of some nice wine :P , I have much more appreciation for the IS 250AWD in the snow :) , but we have some windshield issues to get corrected.:cries:

This was the windshield they replaced a few mnths back that did a bad job then also? If I remember right? they charged for side mouldings twice and all that?

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

The same installer came back to my wife's work to correct our issues on the windshield. He admitted he'd never done an IS before and apparently the top molding was installed wrong. Well I checked it out just now ( at home in our garage )...UGH!!! Now the top molding is like pushed down. You can see the edge of the glass at the top. I can't remember now if this is right, but it doesn't seem right. Worse, the new windshield does not have the same curve as the roof!!! About the last four inches at either end at the top, you can see that the glass curves more than the roof of the car!!! This is ridiculous! We asked for an OEM windshield. This one is way off.

The side molding is correct now, but this seems minor compared to the glaring un-matching of the curve at the top of the glass to the roof of the car. We will have to call them again, but I think I'm just going to call Safeco, our insurance company, and see what they say.

What a frickin hassle!!! :censored:

So we have an appointment to get it fixed AGAIN.

On the way home from work today, we discovered that the windshield that was installed yesterday (the second one) LEAKS!!!! There's water on the pillar on the passenger side.

I must say it took all the self control I could muster to remain calm when dealing with Safelite on the phone today.

Stay tuned for chapter three....

• 2 weeks later...