Switch Found Under Center Console Area

<_< I bought a 2007 IS 350 on Sunday from Carmax. I discovered the Navigation was not working properly. It would say after putting in address "proceed to the highlighted area and your guide will begin"... it never began. Not only that it would not recalculate, etc. Basically it was not working. Took it to lexus (19k miles) only to have them find sometype of an after market switch. They scared me at first because they it was to "stop mileage". They found that when turned one way it turned off navi. They don't know why someone put this in or what the purpose is. I don't know what to do! Carmax said they can take it out and make it OE. :o What's that I asked and was told "original equipment". does anyone know what this might be? I would appreciate any answers.

The dealer originally thought it was installed to stop mileage. But they found it did not do that. They too thought maybe for DVD. The car is at Carmax now because I'm still under my 5 day return terms. I'm thinking this would also void the warranty - that scares me too. I don't understand how they can tell me they can return it to "Original Equipment" and have the warranty still cover. I guess if they give me that in writing I'm ok?

They had an analog version video interface kit on it. Navtool makes one. In order to make it work, you have to install a toggle switch between Nav and DVD. The new digital versions don't need that switch anymore, like Viatech's SLV-2 version which is an Ipod interface that also feeds video from the ipod. It's really no big deal. The wires that the switch were installed on just need to be replaced with out the switch. As for the warrentee, it can't void anything, unless they can prove the switch was the cause of the problem. Otherwise, your warrentee is in full effect.