Is300 Rims Fit?

kevinyue84

I have a 2008 ES350 and am looking for winter rims. I saw these IS300 stock 17s on craigslist that I am considering purchasing. But, I dont know if they will fit? The bolt pattern is the same but the IS300 rims are 50mm offset and the stock ES350's are 45mm offset.

Can anyone help me out? Will these IS300 rims workout?

Maybe somebody can answer this!!

If the Lexus company has certain parameters when designing an automobile, such as wheel offsets, than why would you want to get another set of rims which are not considered a perfect fit?? There's more than just a "bolt pattern" that fits........it's the proper geometry that's important. <_<

What design parameters are you referring to? I've always found that with the exception of very focused performance cars, most, if not all car mfgrs. use middle of the road geometries at best.

What design parameters are you referring to? I've always found that with the exception of very focused performance cars, most, if not all car mfgrs. use middle of the road geometries at best.

As I was trying to say is, when an automobile model is engineered by a reputable manufacturer. there are certain "ideal" parameters that are used. I think they consider this whether it's a, "focused performance car", or a plain old family car.

I wasn't saying that you couldn't use parts that weren't designed for a particular type of vehicle, but when I buy a car like a Lexus, I trust the engineers know what they're trying to achieve, much more than me, so I just leave things stock.

In my day I've done plenty of modifications to increase performance, but there's definitely tradeoffs.....if you get my drift. ;)

AMF, have you noticed that Lexus has offered a variety of official wheel and tire size options on some models? These different wheel and tire size options are often dealer installed -- it's not like the car is being re-engineered to accept the different sizes. A Lexus dealer will sometimes have an incredibly wide selection of optional wheel and tire sizes that are not official Lexus options.

For example, on the 2002 LS430 you could have either 225/60-16 tires on 16x7 inch wheels or 225/55-16 tires on 17x7.5 inch wheels.

On the 2004 LS430 you could have 225/55-17 tires on 17x7.5 inch wheels or 245/45-18 inch tires on 18x7.5 inch wheels.

Even though they were not available on the 2003-up LS430, some people used the 16" LS430 wheels from 2001-2002 model years on the 2003-up LS430. Essentially the same car -- three different wheel and tire sizes.

Yes, there might be a "best size" wheel and tire combination but there also seems to be quite a bit of wiggle room.