Stolen Gs 350

My daugther's car was stolen when she was out of town. The police had found the car abandond and stripped before she even knew it was stolen. There were no sign of forced entry and the insurance company saide they did not know how it could be stolen with the kind of security system the car has. The car has a factory security system. They also made my daugther feel as though they thought that she had something to do with it. The insurance company asked for the keys to her car and her cell phone records. has anyone had a similar experience with there car or the insurance company.

They also made my daugther feel as though they thought that she had something to do with it. The insurance company asked for the keys to her car and her cell phone records. has anyone had a similar experience with there car or the insurance company.

Personally I would cooperate as long as her policy says they are entitled to cell phone records in the event the car was stolen, but if not, and no court order, I would say no. They work for you. Expect that. Even if a car is left unlocked, that does not imply permission to steal it. I assume your daughter was not involved, but if the insurance company is hinting that she did, or she actually did have a part... either way, why would you help them? This is not legal advice, just my opinion.

They also made my daugther feel as though they thought that she had something to do with it. The insurance company asked for the keys to her car and her cell phone records. has anyone had a similar experience with there car or the insurance company.

Personally I would cooperate as long as her policy says they are entitled to cell phone records in the event the car was stolen, but if not, and no court order, I would say no. They work for you. Expect that. Even if a car is left unlocked, that does not imply permission to steal it. I assume your daughter was not involved, but if the insurance company is hinting that she did, or she actually did have a part... either way, why would you help them? This is not legal advice, just my opinion.

It goes both ways. If she doesn't want to cooperate, thats her right, but then again, the insurance has the right not to pay either if they suspect fraud.

It goes both ways. If she doesn't want to cooperate, thats her right, but then again, the insurance has the right not to pay either if they suspect fraud.

No!

Suspecting fraud is not proving fraud. Also, if the car is financed, the bank has a lien and may have a financial interest which is even greater than the car "owner".

The insurance company is required to pay.

Consult an attorney. Do not provide cell phone information without an attorney's advice.

If you she has nothing to hide, give them the phone record, whats the difference. Mostly likely the car was flat bed away and strip at another location. I would get the money from the insurance company and cancel your policy with them after that. BTW, which insurance company does hse have?

My daugther's car was stolen when she was out of town. The police had found the car abandond and stripped before she even knew it was stolen. There were no sign of forced entry and the insurance company saide they did not know how it could be stolen with the kind of security system the car has. The car has a factory security system. They also made my daugther feel as though they thought that she had something to do with it. The insurance company asked for the keys to her car and her cell phone records. has anyone had a similar experience with there car or the insurance company.

Dunno. Lexuses are notoriously hard to steal.