Broken 12 Disk Cd Changer

:ph34r::angry::angry:PLZ CAN I GET SOME HELP, PLZ...

I MEAN WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE, IS THERE NO ONE HERE THAT FIRST KNOWS HOW TO RESPOND BACK, TO S.O.S FOR HELP!!! GEE

WHAT TYPE OF FORUM IS THIS FOR AN CAR CLUB IF YOU RECEIVE NO RESPONSE FOR HELP.. I KNOW THAT I AM NEW HERE, BUT I CANNOT GET A WELCOME FOR JOINING. I HAVE A 96 SC400 THAT I JUST PURCHASED AND I AM NEEDING A BIT OF HELP, PLZ.. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR..... DANG!!!!

I AM AGAIN HAVING 12 DISC CHANGER PROBLEMS AND BAD GAS OR WRONG OCTANE GRADE. IF NOT ANY HELP, I WILL FIND ANOTHER SOURCE.. :censored::censored::angry:

Edited by SKperformance
changed title

well first off you need to be a bit more descriptive about your problems.

as far as the cd changer, the 12 disc changers are terrible and its easyest to just replace them, there is no fixing them.

i have no clue about the bad gas problem

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I AM JUST VERY FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW!!!! PLZ DO FORGIVE ME!! I DO APOLOGIZE FOR MY ACTIONS. THANKS A BILLION!!!!!

Did your car come from Miss....just wondered I just drove through to La. the other day and somewhere between Monroe and Vicksburg I ended up with bad gas....just a question... and as far as the 12 disc changer...both people I know with them in your make of Lex has had them replaced... same as my Pioneer in mine wasnt a well life long friend... as far as getting frustrated on here... not a real good way to get alot of help... attention yes...help no... sometimes It might take few days before someone replys... but, if you dont get any help ask again in alil different way and try to be specific in the question..there are alot of very good people that have alot of know how with various types of Lexus... look for DCFISH...he is usually a good direction for electronic trinkets... sorry I cant help more. :)

I MEAN WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE, IS THERE NO ONE HERE THAT FIRST KNOWS HOW TO RESPOND BACK, TO S.O.S FOR HELP!!! GEE

WHAT TYPE OF FORUM IS THIS FOR AN CAR CLUB IF YOU RECEIVE NO RESPONSE FOR HELP.. I KNOW THAT I AM NEW HERE, BUT I CANNOT GET A WELCOME FOR JOINING. I HAVE A 96 SC400 THAT I JUST PURCHASED AND I AM NEEDING A BIT OF HELP, PLZ.. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR..... DANG!!!!

I AM AGAIN HAVING 12 DISC CHANGER PROBLEMS AND BAD GAS OR WRONG OCTANE GRADE. IF NOT ANY HELP, I WILL FIND ANOTHER SOURCE.. :censored::censored::angry:

You need to replace the 12 disc changer with a 6 disc changer, I have one if you still need one. The 6 disc is plug and play with a custom mounting bracket. PM me for more info.

You need to replace the 12 disc changer with a 6 disc changer, I have one if you still need one. The 6 disc is plug and play with a custom mounting bracket. PM me for more info.

PLZ AGAIN FORGIVE ME FOR MY ACTIONS. I JUST PURCHASED THIS CAR AND I HOPE THAT I DID'NT GET A BOMB DEAL. AND I DID MY HOME WORK AND CHECK CARFAX. AND CARFAX GUARANTEED IT. OKAY DCFISH, HOW MUCH IS THE 6 DISC PLAYER THAT YOU HAVE. AND IS THE JOB TO EXCHANGE THE CHANGERS OUT FOR A NOVICE OR BEGINNER?

v8= bad gas mileage, don't floor it

just replace it with something else once it goes out you will spend around the same amount of money

another thing that will probally go wrong is your ac will probally start to smell pretty soon if doesn't already.

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes:

I've had problems with my 12 disc CD player in a SC400 92. I found that Lexus had a recall on the player due to skipping and play malfunctions. I received a replacement free through Lex Corp. Also you my what to signup at Alldata.com (DIY) to get all the diags, codes and troubleshooting tips. Alldata cost about 15.00 per year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Can you tell me who you contacted at Lexus Corp. to get your changer replaced? Mine just went out on me and I would like to get it replaced. You can e-mail this info to me at sbaywooo@aol.com if you wish.

Thank you for your time and help.

I've had problems with my 12 disc CD player in a SC400 92. I found that Lexus had a recall on the player due to skipping and play malfunctions. I received a replacement free through Lex Corp. Also you my what to signup at Alldata.com (DIY) to get all the diags, codes and troubleshooting tips. Alldata cost about 15.00 per year.

Hello,

Can you tell me who you contacted at Lexus Corp. to get your changer replaced? Mine just went out on me and I would like to get it replaced. You can e-mail this info to me at sbaywooo@aol.com if you wish.

Thank you for your time and help.

Hello Sbaywoo, I understand your frustration so have provided more info. I don't remember who I spoke with at Lex Corp this happened about 6-7 years ago. I believe I got Lex Corp # a from the dealer. I spoke with the dealer prior to calling Lex and they wouldn't replace the changer even though I provided the T.B. so I asked for the corporate #. I found technical bulletins online which stated a recall. Read the T.B. thoroughly and look for recall info. You may also find more info in a google search.

P.S

Lex Corp will only ship the changer to a dealer. Beware the dealer will try everything to stick you with a bill. This includes telling you the warranty will be voided if you install the change yourself. Don't fall for it :-)

See the attachment for more info :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.

Technical_Service_Bulletins.pdf

Lexus_Technical_Bulletins.pdf

AU94_001.pdf

AUDIO006.pdf

AUDIO92002.pdf