Power!

acf

Man, I know I don't have the fastest LS out there and I've always been happy with the pep of this baby but this morning driving in early to work on the highway, I had an opputunuty to make a quick and sustained open road pass so I threw caution to the wind B) and gunned (floored) it to pass a car into one the 3 open left lanes. If it took 2 seconds to get from 60 to 90 mph, I'm a monkey's uncle! :D

And, tach shot to 6k rpm and engine barely made a sound.

Things like that just reinforce how much I love this car.

Thanks for listening. :P

:cheers:

Hi acf!! :D

Thanks for the great message.

IF a person [who owns an LS400] never 'guns' his car - chances are he'll never really know just how powerful that 4.0 litre V8 is. With 3800 or so pounds to move - off the line acceleration isn't really anything to write home about. But once the car is rolling - its' slippery body and the transmissions willingness to downshift quickly into the lowest gear possible - brings a smile [as you know] to your face.

Just last night [sunday] I went for a long drive in my '93. It was wonderful. It was the car I had dreamed about owning for a few years now. [i bought it on October 14th of this year] Bing Crosby's 'White Christmas' was playing on the radio and I felt completely relaxed and comfortable. What a lucky guy I am to own such a beautiful car.

Craig!! :)

About two months ago, went from 80 mph to 125 in no time flat passing. Can't remember what kind of car I was passing. Didn't get to see much of him other than a speck in my rearview mirror that disappeared pretty quickly. That is when I really realized what a nice car I have.

Another quick story, I stopped in at a Midas shop to the other day. I asked them if they could check my brake pads, he said "no problem, we work on Toyotas all the time". After he got back from the test drive, he said, "man that isn't just a Toyota, that is one fine automobile". I just smiled and said thanks.

I had the same experience this past weekend as well ......... took 3 others guys to a college game in town.

Needless to say they enjoyed the ride and one guy was complaining that his $3000 digital surround sound home theater doesn't sound as good as the set-up in the Lex.

I also took a short detour through a city park with winding roads meant for driving ........ dropped it in to second gear and showed them just how much torque this mill is packin'. No one was disappointed.

Happy Holidays ....... be safe out there on the road ........ and just try to wipe that silly grin off your face.

......... every day like this? Yep, ......... 365. :cheers:

h you all have me smiling! There really isn't anything like it is there. I totally blew off a couple of annoying imports on the Jersey Turnpike today. People look over at you rather conservative looking LS and figure you for an easy mark. Wrong again! The car kicks !Removed! when you floor it. I am alwyas amazed at how faster this car accelarates from even 60mph. We call it sweet!

I have not yet had my car over 2900 rpms. Perhaps soon I will be able to at least take it to 3500 rpms? I have never had to take it over 2900 rpms. The power is very sufficent for my in-town driving even at low rpms. Picks up speed quickly- even below 3000 rpms. Pretty impressive.

I guess I baby my car too much. :D

90LS I know what you mean. I never had mine much over 3000RPMs he first year I owned it as I figured it wouldn't do it any good. Once I did "get on it" I found out that is what this car loves. It was built to be reved, thats why there is 4 cams and 32 valves. Once you try it, you will find ever greater enjoyment is owning this car. It also keeps the carbon accumulation down.