What's The Difference Between The 09 Is And 08 Is?

so everyone should know that the new IS is out. The lexis website shows the new IS with diff rims and NOT wood grain interior

The only susbstantive difference is that VDIM now comes on the IS250. The rest is just cosmetic and re-jigging the packages and prices.

Yeah, that's what I have seen also so far. In fact, new sideview mirrors with the turn signals in them are already available as OEM aftermarket upgrades for the 06-08 models.

so everyone should know that the new IS is out. The lexis website shows the new IS with diff rims and NOT wood grain interior

The only susbstantive difference is that VDIM now comes on the IS250. The rest is just cosmetic and re-jigging the packages and prices.

My IS250 comes with the VIDM already................

My IS250 comes with the VIDM already................

Not unless you have an '09. You mean VSC.

The 2009 IS 250 and IS 350 will receive significant enhancements to both its exterior and interior. Exterior changes include newly designed 17- and 18-inch wheel, front and rear bumpers, a revised front grille, and side rear-view mirrors with incorporated turn signals. The interior will receive a newly designed center cluster and foldable rear headrests.

Mechanically, both the IS 250 and IS 350 receive a revised suspension and steering tuning, further enhancing the cars' handling. In addition, the IS 250 will come standard with Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) with a cutoff switch, which had been available only on the IS 350. The 2009 IS 250 manual and automatic, IS 250 all-wheel drive, and IS 350

receive a 0.8-1.0 percent increase or $300. The IS 250 with a manual transmission will carry a base MSRP of $31,155, the IS 250 with an automatic transmission will have a base MSRP of $32,325, the IS 250 all-wheel drive will carry a base MSRP of $34,785 and the IS 350 will have

a base MSRP of $36,605.

More than just jiggled options...

1) New front bumper, air intakes, and grille.

2) New standard rims (17" and 18").

3) New rear bumper (area between the tailpipes is now black and cut higher).

4) New rear taillights.

5) New exterior color.

6) Grey wood replaces the red auburn in black and grey interiors.

7) New center dash console buttons for Nav, chrome trim surround, and clock display area.

8) Supposedly the addition of outside temp always visible, but I have yet to see a pic.

9) Beige and grey interior trim colors are now limited to lower sections of the doors.

10) Redesigned sunroof switches... now black.

11) Supposed suspension and steering enhancements... but no one has felt a difference yet.

12) Reshaped accessory front and rear spoiler.

4) New rear taillights.

5) New exterior color.

7) New center dash console buttons for Nav, chrome trim surround, and clock display area.

8) Supposedly the addition of outside temp always visible, but I have yet to see a pic.

9) Beige and grey interior trim colors are now limited to lower sections of the doors.

11) Supposed suspension and steering enhancements... but no one has felt a difference yet.

What's the new color? I'm looking at Lexus.com and I'm not seenig it.

4) New rear taillights.

5) New exterior color.

mr raider actually said:

Which is what you have listed above. Cosmetic differences and a few options adjustments.

I thought the suspension adjustment was only on the X package though. I think they are just using a version of the F sport Bilstien unit as opposed to the one they were using before. Yeah, the sterring seems to be getting tweeked again. I haven't driven one yet to tell if there is a difference in feel or not yet.

4) New rear taillights.

5) New exterior color.

mr raider actually said:

Which is what you have listed above. Cosmetic differences and a few options adjustments.

so basically they did nothing. the guy at the dealer said the 08 and 09 are the same.

which it basically is.

its not like they upgraded anything SUBSTANTIAL like ML comes standard...or more HP etc

4) New rear taillights.

5) New exterior color.

mr raider actually said:

so basically they did nothing. the guy at the dealer said the 08 and 09 are the same.

which it basically is.

its not like they upgraded anything SUBSTANTIAL like ML comes standard...or more HP etc

There's no way I'd expect ML to be standard--it's not std on the IS-F, and I don't think on the LS.

They SHOULD make memory seats std.

4) New rear taillights.

5) New exterior color.

mr raider actually said:

which it basically is.

I wouldn't say they did "nothing." This is the traditional, typical, mid-life update or facelift if you will. Changing a front and rear bumper, lighting, side mirrors (which I forgot to list), and wheels are enough to tip off anyone who follows this car that it is indeed different. A typical salesperson will often say nothing is different with the new model, just to sell the old one and get it off his lot. Beware.

I wouldn't say they did "nothing." This is the traditional, typical, mid-life update or facelift if you will. Changing a front and rear bumper, lighting, side mirrors (which I forgot to list), and wheels are enough to tip off anyone who follows this car that it is indeed different. A typical salesperson will often say nothing is different with the new model, just to sell the old one and get it off his lot. Beware.

But if you can get an '08 at deep discount, go for it. You are not missing anything by not getting an '09.

For those looking at the competition, the '09 g37 is getting some major upgrades.

4) New rear taillights.

5) New exterior color.

7) New center dash console buttons for Nav, chrome trim surround, and clock display ar8) Supposedly the addition of outside temp always visible, but I have yet to see a pic.

mr raider actually said:

which it basically is.

dude...he knows i have an 08

• 2 weeks later...

4) New rear taillights.

5) New exterior color.

What's the new color? I'm looking at Lexus.com and I'm not seenig it.

The website is now updated. New colors are Amber Pearl and Truffle Mica.

hey I was looking into the IS 250's what is the diffrence between the 08' and '09. Is there any thing majorly diffrenet and what is the price diffrence and one more thing when or when did the 2009 lexus Is250 come out? Thanks i apperciate it a lot!!!!!!!

Moved to already existing thread

-- bart