Bridgestone Turanzas

es30014

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give the Toyo Proxes TPT (V rated) a serious look. Treadwear 400, traction A, temperature A.....about $80 - 90 a piece. Excellent grip year round including snow, slush & especially rain. Just a suggestion.

:cheers:

Unfortunately, Toyo is pretty much the only brand they don't carry! it's a shame! :( go to www.toyo.com or check your local yellowpages for a Toyo dealer. You can't beat the price & quality of the tire......bigtime difference.

One thing I've noticed with certain brands of American tire (not mentioned here) is that the grip will suddenly decline even though you have plenty of tread on them.

I have the Dunlop SP Sports which I don't think are bad, though people are complaining of quick tread wear on Tire Rack.

A lot of tires (all season) have this problem with having grip problems in certain weather is quite simple. They try to blend the latest technology they have to meet to cover all the bases for a quality "all season" tire. We have to keep in mind the marketplace & the climate differences in North America.......some sacrifice different rubber compounds to work better in rain rather than good grip in snow, slush & extreme cold weather for more southern climates (thats why we have winter tires & not very many folks complain about this problem in the southern states). However, there are several companies that make tires that do perform rather well in such bad weather (not as good as a winter tire for us northern folk but to get us through safely for those of us that don't have the room nor want to spare the expense of 2 sets of tires) and the Toyo Proxes TPT is one of them that fit our tire size & speed rating at a very reasonable price. Many people think "a tire is a tire" which is NOT true. It pays to do research & consider all factors. I haven't heard a negative comment about the proxes TPT yet & I know of at least 10 people that have put them on their cars (at my recomendation) plus myself.

Well..........do the toyo proxes tpt give a real smooth ride and are'nt loud??? See I can see those kinda ratings for the contipremiercontacts so that's why I'm thinking about those but if I could find some ratings about those or you could tell me then I might rethink it.

My tire sizes is P215/60R16

I'm probably most interested in Continental, Michelin, or Goodyear....possibly even Toyo(some es's do come standard w/ toyos don't they)

I AM NOT AND WILL NEVER BE INTERESTED IN BRIDGESTONE AGAIN...........

Well couldn't agree more with you about the Bridgestones! The Toyos are extremely quiet & smooth! Honestly, feels like you replaced your suspension once they are on B) The Toyo's I think also offer a 30 day trial. If your not happy, bring them back for a full refund. The Conti's are a good choice as well....just comes down to preference. Not sure the tread warranty on the conti's.....the Toyo's offer 65,000 mile. Have a look at both tread patterns & ask a few dealers about both.

This is pretty much off topic, but here goes anyway! I bought, off Tire Rack.com, a set of Yokohama ES100's. They're summer tires and they're v-rated and I love em! I don't think I've hydroplaned once on those puppies. Only problem is that they have a pretty short treadlife-320 I believe, but you really can't beat the grip and ride. I'm sure from the sounds of it though that most of y'all have to deal w/snow (something really rare in Knoxville, TN and when it does come, I have a Land Cruiser to back me up ;) ) Anyhow, my dad was lookin into gettin Turanzas for my moms' 96 ES. Anyone know how these do on the earlier models? Probably about the same as what y'all are sayin about them for the newer ones? :huh:

contipremiers come w/ an 85000 mile warranty and 30 day trial as well.......I will definately check into those toyos before I make my final decision and on tirerack.com it only shows the contipremiums coming in a 19 size...............and SWO3ES how come you are interested in the contipremiums

also at the autoshow the most expensive luxurious car in the world (the Maybach) had contipremiums on them so that makes me think that it is a great tire and so are the other continentals........ :rolleyes:

Conti's are a very good tire as well :) Make some calls to a few tire experts & see what they have to say about both (or any other tire they think you should consider). Let us know what the details are......I'd be courious. B)

Good Luck!

ES- Keep looking on TireRack, they sell the ContiPremiums in the ES' size.

Why am I interested in the ContiPremiums? They look like a good smooth tire and thats what I'm looking for.

One thing about the results on TireRack about them, there are only 35,000 miles reported so the results may be skewed. Its not uncommon for tires on there to have 12-15 million miles reported and that always settles the survey results down.

True sw, but the conti's do not come in the "V" speed rating that Lexus suggests for the ES. I think they are only "H" rated in those sizes. Which is no big deal to be sure at only 19 mph difference, but nonetheless.......I prefer to stick with a speed rating that Lexus has recommended at least for my 01 with 205 60 16's.