Es 330 Vs 3s 350

jel2maine

I currently have a 2006 ES 330 which is leased and ends in a month. I like the car alot and and I am considering buying it when the lease is up. I however also like the newer sporty body of the es 350. My buy out price is 21700 on the 330 and it has 41,000 miles. I'm looking into returning the 330 and purchasing the a 350 similar the link here http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;j...mp;aff=national.

I don't have built in navigation I'm looking to add that and the parking sensor. Can any one give me any feedback on how well the navigation & parking sensor works & which route you think I should go 330 or 350?

Any help would be well apprecaited.

I made a decision not to upgrade to the ES350 mainly because I felt they had taken significant steps backward in the quality of the interior materials. If they make some changes in '09 I might consider it, but for now I'm sticking with my '03 and considering a GS or even an LS...

Are you looking to get a new ES 350 or a used one? If new, I suggest waiting for the 2009's......I've heard they are making some 'tweaks' here & there. Just a suggestion.

:cheers:

Im looking to purcahse a "NEW" used one to save some cash. what problems are 'tweeks' fixing?

Just know that people's main headache with the NAV is that it locks out many functions while in motion. Although sometimes it bothers me, most of the time it is a blessing. I find myself doing more than what I should already with what functions are available, I can't imagine if it were "unlocked". And having the passenger doing it while in motion, I would still want to watch what they were doing because I don't think they know how to use it "correctly." It's just that "do this, then do that" type of control I like to have... My wife would have to say to me, "Let me do it, keep your eyes on the road." So, lock her out too! :lol:

It does compensate that with voice recognition, but some commands are recognized better than others, for instance, if you say "Lower," or "Higher," for the temperature it may understand a different thing every time. But if you say, "Seventy four degress," it gets it every time (whichever temperature you say)! Today I said, "Gas station," or "Nearest gas station," and it worked, so that one I can be confident about. You can also say addresses and it understands them very well. And phone numbers, when doing, "Dial by number," it works extremely well. The dial by name works well too, but you have to record a voice tag for each one. If you say "Home," and you have that programmed in the Nav, it will work and it will direct you home. But, who doesn't know how to get home? I use it when in another city and coming home, it calculates how long it should take me and I try to beat that.

Just know that people's main headache with the NAV is that it locks out many functions while in motion. Although sometimes it bothers me, most of the time it is a blessing. I find myself doing more than what I should already with what functions are available, I can't imagine if it were "unlocked". And having the passenger doing it while in motion, I would still want to watch what they were doing because I don't think they know how to use it "correctly." It's just that "do this, then do that" type of control I like to have... My wife would have to say to me, "Let me do it, keep your eyes on the road." So, lock her out too! :lol:

It does compensate that with voice recognition, but some commands are recognized better than others, for instance, if you say "Lower," or "Higher," for the temperature it may understand a different thing every time. But if you say, "Seventy four degress," it gets it every time (whichever temperature you say)! Today I said, "Gas station," or "Nearest gas station," and it worked, so that one I can be confident about. You can also say addresses and it understands them very well. And phone numbers, when doing, "Dial by number," it works extremely well. The dial by name works well too, but you have to record a voice tag for each one. If you say "Home," and you have that programmed in the Nav, it will work and it will direct you home. But, who doesn't know how to get home? I use it when in another city and coming home, it calculates how long it should take me and I try to beat that.

Any feedback on the parking sensor? So as far as the acutal car is conserned I Should go with the 350?

I like the parking sensors, I use them all the time. That, in combination with the rear-view camera works great. As for mechanically, if you have test-driven the 350, you would have noticed the big difference in engine power. That coupled with MPG in the high 20s for highway (I actually get it in the 30s when on the highway) and ULEV II (Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle) rating, it is a fairly "green" car. I was considering a 330 myself and thought that these and other features were worth the jump into a new 350.

If you say "Home," and you have that programmed in the Nav, it will work and it will direct you home. But, who doesn't know how to get home?

I live in Boston, but I'm not a native. Anytime I need the navigation to get me somewhere, I also desperately need it to get out of there. Obviously, once I'm on familiar ground I shut it off.

I didn't think I would care about the parking assist, but now I wouldn't buy another car without it. The bumpers on the ES are big and beautiful. Parking in town has always taken its toll on previous car bumpers. My ES is still pristine front and rear. I can trust the alarm to let me know how close I'm getting to brick walls, fences, and other cars, which is important because I find it very difficult to gauge distances with the tiny rear window and slopping front hood. The rear camera helps alot, but the wide angle can be deceiving particularly when back in at an angle. The parking assist offers a nice confirmation.

I love all the UL, nav stuff. I have the 08 ES 350 black on black and found the interior better imho than the competition.

the body of the 350 has a high trunk so I find going from my 99 maxima to this car I had issues judging backing up. the parking sensors are a godsend and the nav with the backup camera is gr8 to avoid bumper dings.

good luck

Congrats and good luck JEt!!! :D

What colors you get?

just picked up the 350 in exchange for my 330.......1600 out of pocket 509 a month fully loaded 3 year lease 12k miles a year not bad ehh...and love alot more than my 330 so far

Congrats!

What package did you get?

Starfire Pearl (white) w/ Gray leather

Fully loaded w/Navigation package I think the only thing I'm missing is the indash DVD and the panoramic roof.......

I LOVE IT sooooooooo much better than my 330 @ a very good price to....

Heres a question.....with the navigation I know XM has a service that intergrates traffic updates with your navigation is this avilable on the 350 or only avilable on the LS series?