Washed Under Hood, Rough Running Now

Ratatat

I sprayed a cleaner under the hood, when i went to spray it off , I now have a trac lite on and the engine lite on. i cant turn the trac lite on or off with the switch. it starts but runs on like only half the engine, when i get it revved up the other half starts to kick in, but drops off when the revs drop. i pulled the coil wire off the drivers side coil, it sparks right to ground with a decent spark, but when i put the coil wire back on, no change. Where could have moisture gotten into? thanks for your help. Tom

ps i cleaned up the wifes engine compartment first (95 es300) with not one problem.

Yeah, to me it sounds like the spark plugs have a moisture buildup in it. Try to blow it with some compressed air and see it does the trick. If not consider replacing your spark plugs and spark-plug wires. it sounds like the seals around the cables are worn.

Yeah, to me it sounds like the spark plugs have a moisture buildup in it. Try to blow it with some compressed air and see it does the trick. If not consider replacing your spark plugs and spark-plug wires. it sounds like the seals around the cables are worn.

let the car warm up for a few minutes rev it up and see if it clears up the head should dry of the water and stop it from missfiring! if not take off thrwire cove with rhe four 10mm screws and see if you see any waterlingering around dri it off ans look for any arking wires is sound like a tickin sound whe the car is on and after youre done diconected your batt for a few minutes ! YOU CAN DO IT ;) ;) ;) ;)

you deffinatly have water around your plugs deep in the valve cover. remove plastic covers and wires and blow w/ air compressor or use that dust off for computers in a pinch. replace wires/cover good to go..........

note to self.....dont wash your engine use simple green on a rag :D

Nah, you can still wash your engine. Just cover up the essential parts, distributor, plug chambers, pretty much anything electrical.

You can run the engine while you're spraying and washing the engine bay.

havent had time to really attack car till now, it is in the garage (mine). I am going to replace plugs wires, and hopefully the caps and rotors. When i went to move the car, problem gone, nothing like a few days in 90+ degree weather to dry things out.