Sold My '95...

blake918

Guys, my windshield is a Toyota windshield (all of my windows have Toyota on them). It says Toyota Lamisafe; I'm not sure if it's original or not. Perhaps the visor is a regional thing?

Could be regional. I just looked at some on eBay just for kicks...they had tint strips.

Weird...

Here's a eBay pic, note the tint strip at the top:

324c_12.JPG

The detector install looks great BTW, forgot to tell you that I just laid right in on your windshield lol

LOL Thanks! :D Maybe it was just strange camera lighting when I took the pics; the sky does look a little overcast. Look at the outside view of the car, it appears that there is a small visor up at the top...

gallery_1461_550_50253.jpg

Even better, look at this pic... post-1461-1225166479_thumb.jpg

Blake! There is a tear in my beer! I guess I'll have to cancel the strippers for the 500k party :( .

Actually, congrats man! Although I must admit, I'm a bit suprised you bought another LS though, considering the interior space and such. I was thinking you'd be cruisin' in a caddy! But, nonetheless, you made an excellent decision! And now just think of all the stuff you learned on your old 95', can now be used on the new 99'. I bet you're really enjoying the additional HP and 5th gear!

:D I sold my '95 ES300 for $4900 several months ago with 177k miles. It took me awhile as it had a check engine light that wouldn't go off. Lexus dealer told me it was a burned out bulb or something in the computer system, but would cost $1000 to replace...., I loved the way it handled and was sad to see it go, but we had gotten a 2001 Cadillac DTS. MISTAKE!!! I grieved over my Lexus every time I saw a Lexus. I have hated driving the Cadi DTS, although it is cream colored & gorgeous. But TOO BIG & GOUDY. And things kept going wrong on it. WELL, yesterday, I had all I could take & gave the Lexus people a call after researching on line, etc... They had only one Lexus in my price range - up to $10k, and it was a 2001 LS430. Sea Opal in color with 181k miles. They told me they had their worst month ever last month, so had just shipped some off to auction to recover $$. We went over to the auction and they pulled it for me 2 hours before auction. (dealer auction only) And me & my husband drove it & loved the way it handled. So tight and so much power when needed.

I'm happy again. I have a Lexus :lol: Did I mention I traded in the Cadi DTS. They gave quite a long speech telling me how ornery Cadi's were (which I agree), but still gave me a half decent price on trade & came down from $12,900 on LS430 to $9800. I had bought with them before on my '95, so they knew I was a good customer. Not often though, ha. (I always buy used ones) I love the Lexus dealership & have always been treated great when I have them worked on. They give a almost brand new loaner car without even having to ask- if it's going to take a while to fix. The Cadillac people were not pleasant, and acted like we were in their way.... As Scarlet said in Gone with the Wind. " I'll never go Lexus- less again!!!" (or something like that) :P

I can't imagine what it must have been like suffering with that Caddy. Nothing but the LS for me from here on out. You really can't beat them

Blake! There is a tear in my beer! I guess I'll have to cancel the strippers for the 500k party :( .

Actually, congrats man! Although I must admit, I'm a bit suprised you bought another LS though, considering the interior space and such. I was thinking you'd be cruisin' in a caddy! But, nonetheless, you made an excellent decision! And now just think of all the stuff you learned on your old 95', can now be used on the new 99'. I bet you're really enjoying the additional HP and 5th gear!

:D I sold my '95 ES300 for $4900 several months ago with 177k miles. It took me awhile as it had a check engine light that wouldn't go off. Lexus dealer told me it was a burned out bulb or something in the computer system, but would cost $1000 to replace...., I loved the way it handled and was sad to see it go, but we had gotten a 2001 Cadillac DTS. MISTAKE!!! I grieved over my Lexus every time I saw a Lexus. I have hated driving the Cadi DTS, although it is cream colored & gorgeous. But TOO BIG & GOUDY. And things kept going wrong on it. WELL, yesterday, I had all I could take & gave the Lexus people a call after researching on line, etc... They had only one Lexus in my price range - up to $10k, and it was a 2001 LS430. Sea Opal in color with 181k miles. They told me they had their worst month ever last month, so had just shipped some off to auction to recover $$. We went over to the auction and they pulled it for me 2 hours before auction. (dealer auction only) And me & my husband drove it & loved the way it handled. So tight and so much power when needed.

I'm happy again. I have a Lexus :lol: Did I mention I traded in the Cadi DTS. They gave quite a long speech telling me how ornery Cadi's were (which I agree), but still gave me a half decent price on trade & came down from $12,900 on LS430 to $9800. I had bought with them before on my '95, so they knew I was a good customer. Not often though, ha. (I always buy used ones) I love the Lexus dealership & have always been treated great when I have them worked on. They give a almost brand new loaner car without even having to ask- if it's going to take a while to fix. The Cadillac people were not pleasant, and acted like we were in their way.... As Scarlet said in Gone with the Wind. " I'll never go Lexus- less again!!!" (or something like that) :P

when i grow up i want to roll with the LS crowd... actually when my wallet grows up. sweet ride!
LOL Thanks! :cheers:

I had some CBES changes made too, and they only charged me $40 to change 6 functions. It was well worth the $40; I'm so happy with the changes. You'd think Lexus would let you make these changes from the dash like you can in a lot of cars, but no. I had them change:

-1 click unlocks all doors

-1 click to open trunk (instead of press and hold for 2 seconds)

-extend the headlamp delay to 90s

-kill the auto tilt/tele each time the key goes in to the ignition!!!!!

-turn the unlock/lock chirp to max volume

-turn the headlamp reminder chime on

I love this feature...I really miss it on my ES.

This I don't understand. Why with the auto headlamps? Even when the headlamps are turned on manually...they still shut off automatically...

I love this feature...I really miss it on my ES.

I've got no use for it since I don't tilt or telescope the wheel (only a slight tilt, no tele) enough to make it difficult to get out of the car. Too, I wanted it done from a longevity standpoint, since it's not useful to me I figured I'd turn it off and keep it from wearing out after seeing all of the TSBs on this. I'm sure I'll turn it back on if I ever have to sell this car since most people love this feature.

This I don't understand. Why with the auto headlamps? Even when the headlamps are turned on manually...they still shut off automatically...

Extending the headlamp delay is also somewhat pointless since the lights won't shut off if a door or the trunk is open, and I really only use the delay if I'm unloading in the dark. I thought I might have a use for it at some point, and if they are changing other things, they can change this while they are at it. I just went through the TSB and highlighted any changes that seemed remotely interesting to me to, and the light chime made the list even though it is worthless. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

wow congrats blake, i have not posted on here for almost 2 years and i come back to this!!!

congrats though!

PS-would you mind sharing with me how much you sold your LS for? im thinking about selling mine soon as i change the timing belt.

Wow, long time no see, thanks! I sold my '95 for $2600 with 315,000 miles, and I'd say overall good condition for the mileage. I think the biggest negative to the car was the paint on the hood and trunk--it didn't look so good up close, but looked just fine from 4' away.

• 2 months later...