Lost Necklace In Vents

My gf lost her necklace in the dashboard vents that meet the front windshield. Aside from asking the dealer to tear apart the car, any ideas on how to get it out?

I figured it dropped to the bottom, but is there a way to access it?

Thanks in advance!

If your talking about the defrost vents that blow the air on the windshield? Your SOL. The dash wll have to come out to acces those ducts. and even then it wont be that easy.

You might wanna try this though, go to a pet store that sells aquarium supplies and buy about 6 or 8 feet of that clear tubing they use for air in the tanks. Then duct tape that to the end of a vacuume hose on your household vacuume. Turn it on and feed it down there and see if maybe you can grab it up with that? Just an idea. The clear hose is won't scratch anything and should be flexible enouph to manipulate around down there.

If your talking about the defrost vents that blow the air on the windshield? Your SOL. The dash wll have to come out to acces those ducts. and even then it wont be that easy.

You might wanna try this though, go to a pet store that sells aquarium supplies and buy about 6 or 8 feet of that clear tubing they use for air in the tanks. Then duct tape that to the end of a vacuume hose on your household vacuume. Turn it on and feed it down there and see if maybe you can grab it up with that? Just an idea. The clear hose is won't scratch anything and should be flexible enouph to manipulate around down there.

That is a great idea! I'll try it out. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...