Front Shake

phansim

I have a 94 gs300 and when I start to drive the front end shakes badly like the steering wheel is about to fall off, but after I get over 60mph for about 10minutes the car stops shaking :angry: Also the damn traction light comes too! Does any one have any suggestions?

Although you are asking a GS question on an LS forum, the front suspensions probably are not all that different.

I had a similar vibration on my 2000 LS400 that started at about 80,000 miles at over 60 mph. By 85,000 the vibration got very bad. Similar to your car, the vibration lessened at about 70 mph. In my case, replacing the front strut bars solved the problem. You might consider having your wheels aligned -- the person doing the alignment will likely find if the strut bar bushings or other front end components are worn out.

Some people buy only the strut bar bushings and press them in to the existing strut bars. The indie shop that works on my car said it was cheaper to install

the whole strut bar assemblies rather than do the labor to press new bushings into the existing strut bars. It probably depends on the labor rate. A friend of mine bought only the bushings and found someone who works out of his house to install them into his existing strut bars.

But it could be something else.

The TRAC light coming on makes no sense to me - maybe it will to someone else. Does the TRAC light come on at exactly the moment the car starts shaking and go off when the shaking stops?

I have a 94 gs300 and when I start to drive the front end shakes badly like the steering wheel is about to fall off, but after I get over 60mph for about 10minutes the car stops shaking :angry: Also the damn traction light comes too! Does any one have any suggestions?

How many miles are on the tires / Have they been rotated and balanced / Check the torque on the lugs, Jack the front up and see if there is any play in the tires. Make sure the tire pressure is up to par. Report back.

Yeah check the easiest route first, get a balance and rotate if you haven't.

And if you're tires are worn pretty good that will cause wicked vibration too.