Running Your Car With Hydrogen? (water)

Hey, ok so ive been reading a a lot about running your car on hydrogen (some say water or HHO or w/e) and i was just wondering if anyone has any experience with it. Ive read a ton about it and i cannot figure out if it is a scam or not. Some ppl say it works, and others either say its a scam, or "prove" it cant be done mathematically. I have not read ONE review of someone that has tried it, and says it does not work. If you don't know what I'm talking about visit Run car on water or just search "run car with water" on google

Thanks

interesting topic..........lets see how it works on your buddies though!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

Thats the thing...its proven you can run it on hydrogen...i guess the question is whether or not those devices can generate enough hydrogen to do any good, even when used with the gasoline..like some sort of injection type of thing.

As I understand it, fuel cells actually use hydrogen to make electricity which then powers the car via electric motors. Pure water is the only by-product exiting the tailpipe. The question now is how to manufacture hydrogen cheaply enough and in the quantity required. There are researchers in Denmark (or Sweden, maybe) that have developed a "hydrogen manufacturing station" that uses water from a nearby natural spring and a large bank of overhead solar panels to make new hydrogen for experimental cars that run along one the major highways in their country.

Thats a really cool technology, and i think honda just came out with a car that uses that same type of idea. But wouldn't it make since if they used hydrogen as the fuel, so we could use it in "normal" cars? (i.e. not brand new electric cars) Apparently there are some guys in Cali that can covert any car to run on natural gas, and i think he said the highest price in the nation was like $2.30 a gallon and the lowest around .60. The only problem i see with that is that if enough ppl do it, (because of supply and demand), wouldn't those prices start to go up....just like gas did? (but then again, if that happened and we could produce the natural gas domestically, it seems the normal gas prices should drop...just a thought)

And just a side note, the "running your car on water/hydrogen" thing uses electrolysis to "make" hydrogen from water, and then is run into you intake (past the sensor) so it burns with the gasoline. so your are actually burning the hydrogen, your not using it the way a fuel cell works

Thats a really cool technology, and i think honda just came out with a car that uses that same type of idea. But wouldn't it make since if they used hydrogen as the fuel, so we could use it in "normal" cars? (i.e. not brand new electric cars) Apparently there are some guys in Cali that can covert any car to run on natural gas, and i think he said the highest price in the nation was like $2.30 a gallon and the lowest around .60. The only problem i see with that is that if enough ppl do it, (because of supply and demand), wouldn't those prices start to go up....just like gas did? (but then again, if that happened and we could produce the natural gas domestically, it seems the normal gas prices should drop...just a thought)

Natural gas is a petroleum derived fuel (LP = liquid petroleum), so it can be made to work in internal combustion engines with just a few simple modifications to the fuel delivery system. Hydrogen gas has nothing to do with petroleum, so utilizing it alone in a "normal car" is not a real possibility.

I dont think your getting the idea...but you can use pure hydrogen (and nothing else) to power a "normal" vehicle. If you dont believe me, search youtube for mythbusters run car on hydrogen. or something to that effect. They piped pure hydrogen into the carburetor and it ran just fine. (except for the backfire :rolleyes: )

I dont think your getting the idea...but you can use pure hydrogen (and nothing else) to power a "normal" vehicle. If you dont believe me, search youtube for mythbusters run car on hydrogen. or something to that effect. They piped pure hydrogen into the carburetor and it ran just fine. (except for the backfire :rolleyes: )

I watched the MythBusters video. Idling in the garage and operating out on the road are two different things. Needless to say, the running a "normal car" on hydrogen must have some serious problems, other than the backfiring :o , or someone somewhere in the world would be doing that instead of using a fuel cell to make electricity to run electric motors to run the car. No reason for all the extra steps if hydrogen worked well in an internal combustion engine.

Hydrogen gas is an energy carrier, more than a fuel. It is intensely reactive, difficult to store as a gas because of it's low density, and even tougher to store as a liquid (cryogenically only) It will burn quite well in an piston engine, with few modifications. It's just that the storage tank has to be bigger than the car itself. Hence the hydrogen fuel cell idea - make it as you go to produce electricity. Ballard Fuel Systems is the world leader. Their stock prices have ruined thousands financially.

The HHO thing is an absolute scam, and anyone who believes it probably also has a home-made tinfoil hat to prevent the CIA from sucking their brains out. It may be too late for most of them.

lol nice...im not even saying i believe it...its just i have heard very strong arguments for and against...and on one has really convinced me either way..whats why i started this subject anyways. and there was this one dude that made a car a few years back that used hydrolysis to make the hydrogen, and he ran it on that alone. but he died a few years ago and back when he made it gas was still $1.70 a gallon so no one cared.

...........the HHO thing is an absolute scam, and anyone who believes it probably also has a home-made tinfoil hat to prevent the CIA from sucking their brains out. It may be too late for most of them.

Thanks for the chuckle! Best one I've had on this forum so far! :cheers:

who told you about my tin-foil hat in the closet srk? :chairshot: and its not so they dont suck out my brains it so they cant get all my financial info and my password to the LOC thats what they are after (im keeping a eye out for them :unsure: ) :D jk! a few years ago you said gas was 1.70? um 10 years ago when i was just getting my license gas was already at/over 2.00 so its been atleast more than a few years

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Its definitely possible to run your car on Hydrogen. Germany is starting to convert some of there cars to hydrogen fuel cells. There even seems to be a few hydrogen fuel stations that they have up and running. From what I have heard of this technology, you put a big old tank of hydrogen in your trunk with (which might not be the brightest idea in the world.............ahem.......) lines run to your engine and so on and so forth. I don't really understand how they did it but they have done it. The only reason that We dont see this technology on a greater scale is that the oil companies are essentially blocking the R & D of making it more cost effective on a large scale.

As for running a car on pure water......Wasnt there some dude that lived in the mountains or somthing that made a car that ran on pure water? I remember seeing this when I was a kid, odd thing is though was that he disappeared...............OMG its a conspiracy.......

funney you guys talking about this, everytime I go to South Sacramento California, to visit my mother in law I end up behind a fuel cell car, so far I have seen a Mercedes, Ford, GmC, Toyota. All in models I have not seen on the street normally. They are a blast to follow, completely quiet, and when they accelerate water pours out of the exhaust pipes. California must be experimenting with them and I suspect maybe Sacramento State College might have something to do with it. I havent seen any news on it but the cars are clearly marked with decals of being fuel cell operated.