Things Ive Noticed Since Ive Had My 03 Is 300.and Some Q's

I dont like hearing my front floating calipers pop all the time..makes me feel like i have a front end suspension problem

My front brakes squeal a bit when stopping but tend to stop after a few seconds? need new pads? just brake dust?

Wheres the braking power in this car..the front? Seems to be

Whats the thermo in this car? How hot do they run?

My MPG gauge works half the time and half the time its pegged on zero or 80

What do these cars idle at? Warmed mine seems to sit at 500rpm...too low? no jumping around though which is good

I dont think these cars get decent gas milege..i was hoping for 24...how many gallons do i have left at quarter tank?

Cars ive owned recently..to compare

-2002 WS6 Trans AM LS1

-1994 Camaro Z28 LT1

-1989 Trans am GTA L98

-1996 Honda Accord V6

I dont like hearing my front floating calipers pop all the time..makes me feel like i have a front end suspension problem

My front brakes squeal a bit when stopping but tend to stop after a few seconds? need new pads? just brake dust?

What do these cars idle at? Warmed mine seems to sit at 500rpm...too low? no jumping around though which is good

I dont think these cars get decent gas milege..i was hoping for 24...how many gallons do i have left at quarter tank?

Cars ive owned recently..to compare

-2002 WS6 Trans AM LS1

-1994 Camaro Z28 LT1

-1989 Trans am GTA L98

-1996 Honda Accord V6

Probably just brake dust. Maybe pull the pads and clean behind them and put some anti squeal goop on the back side. But it could also be inferior brake pads. Maybe consider some ceramic pads from EBC or non-metallics.

It's allways the front. The rear tires are just not that effective in braking distance. In fact, the rear brakes are more to keep the car leveled and counter weighted then to perfrom stopping duties. I would say it's 70% front stopping power to 30% rear.

176-203 degrees is the coolant temp. ATF should be around 180 degrees.

That gauge is useless anyway. It's at zero because your foot is floored on the gas pedal, and pegged at 80 cause your foot is now off the gas pedal. :)

It should be around 750 rpm. 500 rpm is a bit low. But the idle is controlled by the ECU and isn't really adjustable. You may need to clean the MAF and throttlebody out. Also make sure all your vacuume lines are good.

you should get somwhere near that unless you drive it like a Formula 1 everywhere.

No love? :(

Heres another question...whats the widest tire i can fit on my IS? It has the stock 17" alloy rims...is the backspace 7 or 7.5"...how big can i go with keeping the low pro tires? 245?

I'm confused with your question. Are you asking what is the largest diameter or the widest tread ? There are people here who have put 20's on. I think just beacuse you can, doesn't mean you should. BUt to each thier own. I think 18's are perfect. And as for width, 9 inches to 9.5 inches are the widest, depending on your offset, without shaving and rolling your fenders. But you do shave and/or roll, then 10.5 are the widest I have seen.