Anyone Replace Hid Bulbs In 350?

Anyone replace the HID bulbs in the 350? If so, are they easy to replace? Does anyone know the temperature for the OEMs? It appears to be 4300 - 5000. Not quite bright enough for my liking.

Thanks

Andy

07 RX350 AWD

The color temp for the factory xenon's are 4300k. This is the brightest of all the color temps. As you increase to 6000k, the color appears more blue but less light output.

Is your problem the sharp cutoff line created or just the light output? You won't get the light any brighter.

The color temp for the factory xenon's are 4300k. This is the brightest of all the color temps. As you increase to 6000k, the color appears more blue but less light output.

Is your problem the sharp cutoff line created or just the light output? You won't get the light any brighter.

The 4300 does not appear bright enough to me. Has a more yellowish-look to it. I have 5000 HIDs on another car and they are bright white. I have 6000 HIDs on another car and they start going towards the blueish look.

Is anyone else unhappy with their OEMs HIDs?

Thanks

Andy

The 4300 does not appear bright enough to me. Has a more yellowish-look to it. I have 5000 HIDs on another car and they are bright white. I have 6000 HIDs on another car and they start going towards the blueish look.

Thanks

Andy

Being unhappy with 4300K HID "color" is like, a parallel, to being unhappy with our sun insofar as human vision is concerned.

Illuminating the earth by day, and illuminating a road at night are two different things. Being unhappy with the color of the sun is not relevant here. For my experience the 5000 bulb provides better illumination.

Well, the OEM 4300k Philips xenon bulbs are the "brightest" (max lumens) bulbs you're gonna get in the Rx350 housings.

You're confusing the term "brightest" with "color". As you veer away from the 4300k spectrum, you lose brightness and gain color.

"For my experience the 5000 bulb provides better illumination."

Then find some d2s bulbs in this 5000k color and put them in?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks

Andy

I have no problem at all with the OEM lights on my 08 RX 350..

Illuminating the earth by day, and illuminating a road at night are two different things. Being unhappy with the color of the sun is not relevant here.

For my experience the 5000 bulb provides better illumination.

Then you probably have a mutant gene or two, might be best to check just in case.

Illuminating the earth by day, and illuminating a road at night are two different things. Being unhappy with the color of the sun is not relevant here.

Then you probably have a mutant gene or two, might be best to check just in case.

There you go again, stating complete nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...

There you go again, stating complete nonsense.

Typical West and his ways in 100% of his post :rolleyes:

Help !! My problem is with the cut off line. On roads that have uneven surface or small dips, the headlights dive down to the point where it it dangerous to drive after dark. I almost hit a deer last week because all I could see was it's leg. The deer's body was higher than the headlights !! Something is seriously wrong when I can't see more than 70 or 80 feet in front of me !!!

• 2 weeks later...

i had to adjust the angle on my HID - raise them up a bit because they were too low stock. You have to play with then to get them right so you can see and not blind others. not too legal, but I really don't care... :lol:

made a big difference for me. you have to pop some of those clip pins , take off a plastic piece then use a trusty screw driver. I aimed mine infront of my garage door. Took several tried and drives around the block, but I got them up enough to actually properly illuminate the road infront of me and not blind others (well except for overly lower rice boxes like those slammed civics that are 1inch off the ground, but who cares about them anyways? ;) )

the stock ones worked great once I raised the beams, did not need to change the bulb.