Steering Wheel Problem

common problem I think.. I've heard of a lot of older LSs auto tilt/telescope feature going out, i think it's the motor. Let's just hope it dies in your favorite position :) heheh

common problem I think.. I've heard of a lot of older LSs auto tilt/telescope feature going out, i think it's the motor. Let's just hope it dies in your favorite position :) heheh

I agree with you!!!! Mine died in the "key out" position. NO matter how i sit, my arms are still up in the air.

That's one reason for not using the "auto" feature. As convenient (decadent imo) as it is for the big fellas that need it, I'd hate to have to drive the car with it parked in the up & in position.

Finally was able to fix something!!! Yesterday afternoon, I went outside and fixed the steering wheel. It took me about 10mins at the most. My gear is kinda warped and the teeth were not making contact. I loosened the wheel and placed a washer behind it. All is well now :D

Finally was able to fix something!!! Yesterday afternoon, I went outside and fixed the steering wheel. It took me about 10mins at the most. My gear is kinda warped and the teeth were not making contact. I loosened the wheel and placed a washer behind it. All is well now :D

Thanks for posting your fix. :cheers:

New to me but then I haven't had that problem to warrant a search.

Should have known this wasn't the first thread posted. Any time I've

searched anything I have always found an abundance of information

and more than a few solutions to just about any topic. A virtual

cornucopia of technical solutions. With some politics, humor and

economics thrown in for good measure. B)

• 1 month later...

i would like to know how and what size washers to put on the wheel,mines went out on me when replacing p/s pump and re-connecting my altenator/battery!it wouldn't come down when inserting the key in the ignition,need help,i feel like i'm driving a school bus!!!!!!!!! HELP ME SOMEONE????? :(

i would like to know how and what size washers to put on the wheel,mines went out on me when replacing p/s pump and re-connecting my altenator/battery!it wouldn't come down when inserting the key in the ignition,need help,i feel like i'm driving a school bus!!!!!!!!! HELP ME SOMEONE????? :(

I recently had to add 2 washers to mine.I purchased 2 rubber hose washers from Ace hardware for 42cents.Spent about 15 minutes taking it apart and puting back together and was back in business.The gear eventually gets pushed past the drive and loses contact.The washers bring it out so the gear meshes again.Make sure you use some lube on the gear when you put back together.I am no mechanic as I have stated before but anyone can do this job.Dealer won't repair but will replace the whole assembly for about $800