Brake Tsb

I went in for the break TSB for squeaky brakes at 26K and since the rotors were also worn and questionable to resurface, they replaced those for free also - anyone else get free rotors?

Was that for a 2008?My breaks are squeaking at 1000km but I don't know if there is a TSB for this on the 2008.

I went in for the break TSB for squeaky brakes at 26K and since the rotors were also worn and questionable to resurface, they replaced those for free also - anyone else get free rotors?

Was that for a 2008?My breaks are squeaking at 1000km but I don't know if there is a TSB for this on the 2008.

That was for a 2007 - but I can't imagine that its different for on 08

Rotors worn out at 26K!!!!!!!!!!! What's this world coming to???!!! :o

Agreed. It seems that car manufacturers are starting to follow the "trend" of building an item for a specific period of time and expecting US, the CONSUMER to be OK with it <_< Not enough resources are being dedicated to R&D; rather, it seems that Toyota is soooooooo concerned with catching and surpassing GM that they are willing to forego the quality workmanship their brand was built on! It's scary to think that Toyota/Lexus is "resting" on their laurels :(

• 2 weeks later...

I went in today to my local dealer take advantage of the brake dust TSIB and get the "free" alternative brake pads. My 2006 IS 350 has about 24k miles.

Despite everything I've read on the Lexus forums, as well as the plain language of the TSIB itself, my service guy calls me up and informs me that Lexus only warranties brakes if they have 6 mm of pad left on them -- mine apparently were down to 1 mm -- so he says I don't qualify for the TSIB warranty, and the cost for replacement pads will be $300.

I argue with him a little, and ask him to escalate my issue based on my understanding of the TSIB from various posts on this and other forums.

He calls back and says that after checking with his service manager, since I am a valued service customer they will go ahead and "comp" me the work for the pads, as a courtesy -- but insists that the job is not covered by the TSIB. I read him the langauge where it says "The warranty is in effect for 48 months or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first . . ." He says that the the TSIB is subject to the Lexus Comprehensive Warranty, which supposedly only warranties brake pads with 6 mm left on them.

I decide to quit while I'm ahead and stop arguing, since the end result appears to be free brake pads, but I'm somewhat annoyed that I was made to feel like I was taking advantage of them and they were doing me some great favor, when as far as I can tell I'm entitled to what they are giving me, per the TSIB.

Anyone else confront similar resistance/problems from the dealer on this?

He says that the the TSIB is subject to the Lexus Comprehensive Warranty, which supposedly only warranties brake pads with 6 mm left on them.

I wonder what the warranty says, because normally, it wouldn't cover brakes for normal wear and tear, only defect. And, if they are defective, what's it matter how much is left?

I went in today to my local dealer take advantage of the brake dust TSIB and get the "free" alternative brake pads. My 2006 IS 350 has about 24k miles.

Despite everything I've read on the Lexus forums, as well as the plain language of the TSIB itself, my service guy calls me up and informs me that Lexus only warranties brakes if they have 6 mm of pad left on them -- mine apparently were down to 1 mm -- so he says I don't qualify for the TSIB warranty, and the cost for replacement pads will be $300.

I argue with him a little, and ask him to escalate my issue based on my understanding of the TSIB from various posts on this and other forums.

He calls back and says that after checking with his service manager, since I am a valued service customer they will go ahead and "comp" me the work for the pads, as a courtesy -- but insists that the job is not covered by the TSIB. I read him the langauge where it says "The warranty is in effect for 48 months or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first . . ." He says that the the TSIB is subject to the Lexus Comprehensive Warranty, which supposedly only warranties brake pads with 6 mm left on them.

I decide to quit while I'm ahead and stop arguing, since the end result appears to be free brake pads, but I'm somewhat annoyed that I was made to feel like I was taking advantage of them and they were doing me some great favor, when as far as I can tell I'm entitled to what they are giving me, per the TSIB.

Anyone else confront similar resistance/problems from the dealer on this?

If there is less than 6mm (which is approx 50%) then you have used the brakes and WORN them out. You have gotten the use out of them for which they were designed.

Yes, the warranty is 4/50 but wear & tear items are NOT covered.

Be thankful the STORE and not Lexus NA is picking up the tab for your FREE brakes.

At Benz, there is a 12/12 warranty (12 mo or 12K) on any ADJUSTMENTS and that INCLUDES brakes. Once you pass the 12K or 12 mo, your on your own, unless of course, the STORE wants to step up and cover the cost.

Score one for the client. After wearing out your brakes, you got a FREE set ... NICE!!!