New Car!

ArmyofOne

Nice ride Josh! ;) I've driven an 06 Civic before. But let me ask you this, when you first drove it, did it feel like the nose of the car went on forever in front of you? hehe. I felt that when I drove my friend's Civic out to lunch a few times. :P

Looks just wonderful Josh!! I bet it feels great to not be "blue" anymore!!!! :lol:

oh, you have no idea... LMAO!!!

and yes i the car does feel top end car-ish...it feels soooo much bigger than it really is, and thats why i like it so much. the Matrix had more headroom, but...it was turning out to be a headache.

+...i got a killer deal...366 a month for 60 months with a 5,000 dollar rollover from the matrix...i went in 5200 upside-down and i came out with a loan 2 years less, a car a year newer, and a payment 20 dollars a month lower than i went in with on the matrix...im still trying to figure out how this happened... :*scratches head*

Looks great man! You and the Mrs will get tons of happy miles out of that car! My wife's very 1st car, a 90's-something honda civic coupe, is still driven everyday by her 6'3" dad, back and forth to work, 100 miles round trip. It has just about 300k miles on it, and keeps going and going and going. He has a Jag, about to get a bmw for his wife, and a truck, yet that honda is his favorite.

You guys will enjoy the civic, for sure! As a fellow gear head, I will advise you to keep a cautionary eye on the tranny fluids. Although I've never actually seen a broken honda tranny "but have all heard about them", I know in my wife's last car, with was a 03' civic, the tranny dipstick would rattle itself loose, which could "and probably did" allow debrie to get in there.

We traded it with 84k on the clock, not a lick of wax anywhere, a dent in the fender that required a new headlight, and about 2 inches of dust inside, for 9,800 bucks against the Mazda. If it weren't for the fact that the only cars my wife has ever had were Honda Civics, we very well might of ended up with one just like yours.

Hey nc211,

What happened last night in San Antonio? Far better athletes dominated Tyler Spazzbrough and his buddies. He just couldn't get off his classic spastic shots in the lane without getting the ball stuffed back down his throat, could he....

I'm still smiling big-time this morning after last night's UNC embarrassment and after your smartmouthing last week on how Carolina would take it all come Monday, so be sure to enjoy your deep-fried crow for lunch today....

Hey nc211,

What happened last night in San Antonio? Far better athletes dominated Tyler Spazzbrough and his buddies. He just couldn't get off his classic spastic shots in the lane without getting the ball stuffed back down his throat, could he....

I'm still smiling big-time this morning after last night's UNC embarrassment and after your smartmouthing last week on how Carolina would take it all come Monday, so be sure to enjoy your deep-fried crow for lunch today....

I'm sorry, Duke who? Wolfie where? The 6 questions still outstanding to thier existence in this century/millenium remain..who/what/when/where/why/how.

Yes, the boys fell apart last night, and quite frankly didn't even show up in the first 10 minutes of play. Honestly, I don't know what happened, but KU simply whipped their butts! My hat goes off to Rock Chalk Jayhawk this year. They were impressive to watch, and hope they take the title tomorrow night.

Maybe next year we'll have a few more teams to carry the state's basketball program in the tourney, and give the golden boys in CAROLINA blue a brake, for a change... Sure gets lonely at the top, all the time.. :D

PS: anything tastes good with enough ranch dressing on it! Even deep fried crow! hahaha...

JOSH: In the photo of your engine, what is that spark plug looking thing in the center by the grill? Is that your O2' sensor?

LOL RX.. :D Nice car Josh. :cheers:

What in the heck are you laughing at, Mr. 460 man! :P

It was all a scam, set up by the bookies in Vegas... that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! B) :P

I do agree though, Davidson would of been a lot of fun to watch win the tourney! Maybe someday my true team, UNC-Wonderful "Seahawks" will return to the mix.

JOSH: In the photo of your engine, what is that spark plug looking thing in the center by the grill? Is that your O2' sensor?

Yes that is one of 2 o2 sensors, the other one is even easier to get to, on the bottom of the car!

at 21K, the tranny fluid looks about done...im gonna go ahead and replace it, probably with honda fluid. the dealer here will do it for 60 bucks, i will prolly just have them do it, cant go wrong with honda fluid.

as far as toyota is concerned, i got an email from Ms. Nancy Fein, the Vice President of customer relations, she asked for more information regarding my experience, here is what i wrote back:

after i spoke with your customer service reps, i recieved a call from my corporate liason at my local toyota dealer, the one through which i was having an issue. I was told not to bring my vehicle for service there again, that Waite toyota did not want or need my business. they are the only toyota dealer within 90 miles of me...So, as a result, i purchased a 2006 Honda Civic EX. I still wish to be a toyota customer and will continue to buy toyota's in the future, but i just took a $5,000 hit to get rid of the one i had, just so i wouldnt have to deal with Waite toyota of watertown. THAT is how much influence your dealers have upon your customers. however being the educated customer that i am, i realize that Corporate cannot always control the business practices of every dealer, as such i still reccomend toyota's as a brand, but i will not buy another one until i relocate to a place where i have a choice of several dealerships/service centers. I apologize for this, but i have to look out for the best interests of my family.