Removing Wax?

I see many mentions of using "Dawn" dishwashing soap to remove wax when applying a sealant. Will any dishwashing liquid work? Also am going to try Liquid Glass, anyone have any experience with it?

Steve, just read about your and VB's experiences with Collonite 476s. A goal of mine is to be able to wash and auto pressure wash and not lose protection. I wonder if LG would hold a candle to Coll. 476s in that regard? :unsure:

Any dishwashing liquid will remove most waxes.

I myself have never used Liquid Glass, but I've heard that its not a particularly layerable or durable sealant when compared to something like Zaino or Klasse. In an independent lab test that I sent away for the results from (when I get them I'll post them here for everyone to see) that compared the Collinite 476 and the Collinite Insulator Wax (which VB uses) and a bunch of other waxes and sealants and rated their durability under several conditions, heat, automatic high detergent washings, saltwater corrosion, and compared them on some subjective levels like gloss, ease of use etc. I'm looking forward to getting the report.

Anyways I was told that in all the durability tests Zaino (widely regarded as one of if not the most durable sealant) and the Collinite 476s that I used were neck in neck, with the Collinite even edging out the Zaino in some areas. The 476 and the IW were close, but 476 edged IW out in the saltwater tests. Both IW and 476s lasted over 12 automatic washings which is simply incredible for a wax. Most of the waxes were gone after 2-3. To me this was ideal, I get to use my rich polishes to hide marring and get deep gloss AND get the protection of a sealant. Whats not to love there? I don't like the sterility of polymers on my car, dont mind them on other colors though. I dont know if LG or Klasse are part of that test, but when I get it I will definately let you know.

I've still not experienced the durability of the 476, but I have with Zaino and Zaino lasts and lasts. Since 476 was pretty neck and neck with Zaino in this test I was very confident in my decision to use it. Generally its accepted that LG is not nearly as durable as Zaino. If you want to be able to pressure wash and not lose protecton then you definately want a polymer, but I dont know about LG.

I used Liquid Glass in 1953 !!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY !!!!! It is an old,old product repackaged !!!!

You young guys wouldn't remember---was in a can with a paper wrapper and had fluorescent pink printing on it!!!! It was good then--but not now !!!!

Oh yeah its been around forever. Thats not neccisarily a bad thing though. I know a lot of people who use Liquid Glass and get great results, its just supposedly not especially as durable as some of the newer sealants.

Probably the original synthetic paint sealant though.