Custom Aftermarket Nav In A 2000 Rx 300

Hello I just wanted to get some feedback from you Lexus owners. I own a shop in Akron Ohio and we just finished this system today. Please let me know what ya think As you will be able to see we left the factory controls in the same place and put the 6.1" screen in the place of the oem. I would appreciate your feedback.

Sincerly,

Dan Kouri

BD Mobile Electronics

Akron Ohio

330-773-0727

post-66927-1205554032_thumb.jpg

post-66927-1205554053_thumb.jpg

post-66927-1205554074_thumb.jpg

Hello I just wanted to get some feedback from you Lexus owners. I own a shop in Akron Ohio and we just finished this system today. Please let me know what ya think As you will be able to see we left the factory controls in the same place and put the 6.1" screen in the place of the oem. I would appreciate your feedback.

Sincerly,

Dan Kouri

BD Mobile Electronics

Akron Ohio

330-773-0727

Looks great, all of the original functions still show on the screen?? And how much to do this???

Unfortunately you do loose the original functions that show on the screen but with dvd and the ability for nav and all the integration of ipod or usb the loss of knowing the temp seems small. They could be relocated if you would prefer. For the install you would be looking around 300 in labor plus the unit there is a lot of work that goes into fabricating the new opening. If you wanted your original screen relocated it would be just a bit more in labor. thanks for the response I appreciate it. I hadn't seen any done this way so when we had the opportunity we did it.

Sincerly,

Dan Kouri

BD Mobile Electronics

Akron Ohio

330-773-0727

Looks great, all of the original functions still show on the screen?? And how much to do this???

Sincerly,

Dan Kouri

BD Mobile Electronics

Akron Ohio

330-773-0727

Sounds like an add for his shop. <_<

I dont mean it to be an add I just wanted to show those who have this car that it is available I was asked questions about pricing from another member so I gave them the awnser. I apologize if people feel as if I am advertising. I spent a lot of time looking at how people installed them and I didn't see one like this so I figured that other RX300 owners would want to know.

Sincerly,

Dan Kouri

BD Mobile Electronics

Akron Ohio

330-773-0727

Sounds like an add for his shop. <_<

Its not just the temperature read out your loosing....also the direction of warm/cold air, speed of fan, Radio presets, CD tracks and control....its a touch screen control of a lot of the systems! I think to tempt most owners it needs to retain original functions as well.

Best regards David

Its not just the temperature read out your loosing....also the direction of warm/cold air, speed of fan, Radio presets, CD tracks and control....its a touch screen control of a lot of the systems! I think to tempt most owners it needs to retain original functions as well.

Best regards David

Thanks for the response but your not going to use the factory radio or the changer because the after market unit is going to give you better sound. Remember that the unit will do everything from radio to dvd cd nav. I could see the possible the direction of the warm cold air and maybe speed of fan I guess i think its a small thing to loose for the benifit of an upgrade. The modifications I have seen the completely relocated all of your fan controls to the glove box which seems much more inconvenient. I do appreciate you response though.

Sincerely,

Dan

• 1 month later...

with all the views and few replies...

you have to assume that most don't like it. your solution. ( sorry)

I for one would be interested in a Navigation system like Magellan etc...

but would not want ANYTHING CHANGED on the current system... just the adittional Nav added.

It's cheap( $200 at Best Buy and easy to just add one of the portable units...

ANOTHER APPROACH ???

Maybe you could find away to divert the {{video output}} of the Magellan, TomTom, etc ...to the Lexus screen.

You would need to work with Lexus and Magellan on this solution... OR know alot about video.

And use the Magellans controls from the Magellan unit mounted under on some cord under the dash that could be

lifted up for easier "button" access.

That way you would not have to remove the Magellan from the dash for theft reasons.