Are There Similarities?

Mhouse11

How would any of you compare the first generation Toyota Avalon and the first generation Lexus Ls400 in terms of comfort, driving styles, reliability, steering, etc?

What are the similarities?

What are the differences?

97_toyota_avalon_xl-1.jpg

07-05-27-mylexusls400.jpg

How would any of you compare the first generation Toyota Avalon and the first generation Lexus Ls400 in terms of comfort, driving styles, reliability, steering, etc?

What are the similarities?

What are the differences?

97_toyota_avalon_xl-1.jpg

07-05-27-mylexusls400.jpg

Two totally different cars.

whatever you can totally compare two old toyotas.

avalon is based off camry. huge interior. Nice engine. nice interior. 0-60 in mid 8's. Ls400 does it in high 7's.

LS400 based of nothing else. V8 instead of v6 but similar performance. smaller interior due to rear wheel drive instead of FWD.

Avalon feels lighter and more nimble because it weighs 500lbs less.

Avalon is not as quiet. Not as smooth, or as refined.

I was seriously considering an avalon, but i wanted a v8. And the LS400 interior may be smaller, but its much nicer. Also the motorized headrests and huge sunroof are bonuses.

1st gens are gettin up there in age and can be had for almost no money. No other car comes close in value for money. A clean 1990 will be smoother than many newer cars.

LS400 ages very gracefully. Avalon not quite as well, but still good.

whatever you can totally compare two old toyotas.

avalon is based off camry. huge interior. Nice engine. nice interior. 0-60 in mid 8's. Ls400 does it in high 7's.

LS400 based of nothing else. V8 instead of v6 but similar performance. smaller interior due to rear wheel drive instead of FWD.

Avalon feels lighter and more nimble because it weighs 500lbs less.

Avalon is not as quiet. Not as smooth, or as refined.

I was seriously considering an avalon, but i wanted a v8. And the LS400 interior may be smaller, but its much nicer. Also the motorized headrests and huge sunroof are bonuses.

1st gens are gettin up there in age and can be had for almost no money. No other car comes close in value for money. A clean 1990 will be smoother than many newer cars.

LS400 ages very gracefully. Avalon not quite as well, but still good.

Thats more along the lines if what i was hoping for, really appriciate the response. I considered buying one but i ended up with the Ls400 instead, and i think i made the right decision. But I justed wanted to know how does one measure up to the other, granted they're in different classes and what not.

LS is much much much much better and different than the LS.

I'd recommend a 2nd gen LS. TONS more room and much more refined than the 1st gen, but the 1LS is still a great car.