Can't Seem To Be Able To Change Personal Profile Pic

I have been trying ever since I changed the look of my 400h to change the personal picture that accompanies my posts but after following the seemingly simple step by step instructions nothing seems to change the current picture that you see with this post on the left. Any suggestions? I made sure it was the right size as I did with the current profile picture so I'm at a loss as to what more that I can do. As you can see, the current picture of my car is now very different and I would like to change it so suit. Rey

post-26996-1204602035_thumb.jpg

Rey,

Have you tried deleting the original photo, first. I just uploaded an image to my settings, but I had not done this, previously. Maybe I'll try deleting and then uplading a different photo....

I did notice "Profile views updated each hour" at the bottom of my profiles page.

Dave

Rey,

Have you tried deleting the original photo, first. I just uploaded an image to my settings, but I had not done this, previously. Maybe I'll try deleting and then uplading a different photo....

I did notice "Profile views updated each hour" at the bottom of my profiles page.

Dave

Yes Dave, thanks, and I did try but with no luck. It keeps finding the old image and putting it back. It's irritating. I'll keep trying different things. It's not that big of a deal in the scheme of things and no reason this should make the evening news but it's the little things that get under our skin....paper cuts, burnt bacon...but like those things, it's a matter of proper perspective and it's all OK. If this is the worst thing in my life right now...we should all be so lucky! Warmly, Rey

• 2 weeks later...

Try uploading either (or both) the original size of the image, and the reduced size of the image onto like Photobucket. Then insert the URL from photobucket and insert it in the avatar options. If I'm not mistaken, I believe that's how I got my avatar picture up because I looked at my settings and I had a URL link in it. ;)

I looked up "URL" but I still don't know what I need to do. I had a picture before and now it's gone so I know I uploaded a picture before and now I can't. Hmm, weird...

Hmm, the picture that I am accessing is small,about 2X3inches at 50 resolution,like a big postage stamp... or about 150X 102 pixels? If it got any smaller it would be half the size of what appears on everyone else's page...I'll keep trying...thanks, Rey...Oh, the picture that you can see on the beginning of this post is a bigger version of what I've been trying to download...I now reduced it again to about 1 1 1/2 inches by 2 inches or 100 by 68 pixels and it still doesn't work. It's really tiny...I'll put it with this response...thanks again...

post-26996-1205541693.jpg

I resized your photo to 150 pixels wide @72DPI. Right click this picture and "Save picture as" whatever you want to name it. Than upload the picture to the LOC website. Hopefully that'll work. :)

P.S. I assumed that you're using a PC, and if you are, I would delete the "Temporary Files" in your computer before attempting this change.

RXresized.jpg

Thanks, it was actually the same exact size that I used...150X 102, so I don't know why it's not taking the image...hmmm, thanks.....I don't give up so I'll try something else. Oh, I have a Mac. Rey

post-26996-1205641550_thumb.jpg

Thanks, it was actually the same exact size that I used...150X 102, so I don't know why it's not taking the image...hmmm, thanks.....I don't give up so I'll try something else. Oh, I have a Mac. Rey

Well, that explains why you're having trouble........ :)

Silly goose....

What can I tell you, I'm an artist, nothing else works like a Mac...anyway, I did it before so there shouldn't be any reason that now I don't have a little picture by my silly posts!

post-26996-1205641492_thumb.jpg

Rey,

The big guys are working on this issue. If they can't do it, no one can!

Dave

Thanks Dave, you're a peach. Take care and happy Easter, Rey