Need Some Help From Insurance Gurus

RFeldes

Well i leased the 460, 08, a few weeks ago 1600 miles ago and a Mexican national pulled out in front of me and they got the ticket. Some were illegals and I wont go there. They disappeared. Took out my right front end. Fender, lights, leaking fluid etc. They have insurance from Arkansas verified by the police investigation. Now I know its a lease and my residual will take a big hit. Cop said to total it since it was a sideways hit. "Only guys that really know, Please". Don't want speculators. Lease vehicle..New..slammed...Next?

Anyways, thanks for your help. The residual will not be affected as long as Lexus passes it and the car is on its way to Houston..Sterling/McCall and their insurance is Nationwide who said take it anywhere you want to fix it. Once again, thanks for your help. :whistles:

That's terrible news Ralph. I hope you (passengers?) weren't hurt. At least they have insurance....I'd hate to see that repair bill! Good body shops can do amazing things, so I'm sure your car will come back from Texas looking like new!

Well i leased the 460, 08, a few weeks ago 1600 miles ago and a Mexican national pulled out in front of me and they got the ticket. Some were illegals and I wont go there. They disappeared. Took out my right front end. Fender, lights, leaking fluid etc. They have insurance from Arkansas verified by the police investigation. Now I know its a lease and my residual will take a big hit. Cop said to total it since it was a sideways hit. "Only guys that really know, Please". Don't want speculators. Lease vehicle..New..slammed...Next?

How much was your estimate. As long as it is fixed properly I do not think it should have any effect on your lease. It will take a lot for the insurance company to total the car. Your lease should have GAP insurance in it anyway.

Just an update...Driving the 47 GMC and Nationwide will pay for a rental once the Lexus heads to Houston for repair. They do not have presence in Louisiana...wonder why..LOL..they will have to hire an independant appraiser here who should or better show up by thursday....probably a cousin..we are all related here it seems. As a Senator's Grandson and my girlfriend is a Senator's daughter I don't think there will be a problem. ;) The GMC 460HP vette engine is putting a damper on my mpg. Being careful as my next ride is a Fuji racing bike thats been in the garage for four years...lol. Anywho.. the GMC is enjoying it. Went to my Aunt's funeral today and decided to take Debbie's (G/F) Beemer as the GMC is a bit "loud" for a funeral procession. God Bless Aunt Shirley..Buried a lot of my family in the last 3 years. Getting old sucks. Rough week to say the least. Hold your families Dear and close to your hearts as they are much more important than material things that can be replaced.

Hold your families Dear and close to your hearts as they are much more important than material things that can be replaced.

You said that right. Sounds like a rough week. I know what they're like. But like Harrison's album title says "All Things Must Pass". Bright side........things will get better. Remembering the good times helps.

Just an update...Driving the 47 GMC and Nationwide will pay for a rental once the Lexus heads to Houston for repair. They do not have presence in Louisiana...wonder why..LOL..they will have to hire an independant appraiser here who should or better show up by thursday....probably a cousin..we are all related here it seems. As a Senator's Grandson and my girlfriend is a Senator's daughter I don't think there will be a problem. ;) The GMC 460HP vette engine is putting a damper on my mpg. Being careful as my next ride is a Fuji racing bike thats been in the garage for four years...lol. Anywho.. the GMC is enjoying it. Went to my Aunt's funeral today and decided to take Debbie's (G/F) Beemer as the GMC is a bit "loud" for a funeral procession. God Bless Aunt Shirley..Buried a lot of my family in the last 3 years. Getting old sucks. Rough week to say the least. Hold your families Dear and close to your hearts as they are much more important than material things that can be replaced.

If your Lexus is undriveable, or is unsafe to drive. Keyword unsafe than they will put you in a rental now. Call Nationwide back and tell them that it is unacceptable for them not to provide you with a rental car as your new car is not able to be driven. They should authorize a car, if not ask for a supervisor.

What a bummer Ralph, sorry I didn't see this until now...I've been so busy. Sounds like a rough week!

Your leasehold interest in the vehicle won't be affected. Lexus can file a depreciated value claim with the insurance company to help them with any decrease in value. As long as the vehicle is properly repaired you shouldn't have any problems.

How bad is the damage? Any pictures?

Ohhhh man....that just sucks! :o :cries: :unsure:

If it were me, Ralph, I'd have to donate it to your nearest non-ls-owning LOC Guru Gold Member from NC. :whistles:

Did you make any progress in the car rental...or did you decide not to pursue it. I had a guy about 2 years ago hit my car almost the exact same spot it was a camry. He had Nationwide, called them and told them I did not feel that the car was safe to drive after the accident. Rental was approved.

Hope it all works out for you...there are a lot of worse companies that you could have to deal with...

Don't wreck a Lexus...........$9800.00 Fender, Bumper, Lights and housing, Motor and computer for the headlight, sensors, Light sprayer reservoir and Hose, new chrome wheel. Only Structual was Bracket for the radiator. Three stage Paint...Scheduled to be ready by the Tenth. Can't wait...don't know how long I can keep those holes on the sides of the Lucerne here in Lake Charles. :D

Don't wreck a Lexus...........$9800.00 Fender, Bumper, Lights and housing, Motor and computer for the headlight, sensors, Light sprayer reservoir and Hose, new chrome wheel. Only Structual was Bracket for the radiator. Three stage Paint...Scheduled to be ready by the Tenth. Can't wait...don't know how long I can keep those holes on the sides of the Lucerne here in Lake Charles. :D
I thought it would cost a lot more than $10k to fix your car, especially considering the list of parts they are replacing. How do you like the Lucerne? I know it's no Lexus, but it seems like a lot of car for the price. I like how spacious they are(lots of head and legroom!), but it's a shame that they are fwd, and the styling of the rear end seems a little akward!

Well Blake, first thing Debbie said when she closed the passenger door is "well it's not a Lexus" Clunk instead of thump. You know the sound. Drives nice, quiete except for road noise, and has a lot of features. Steering wheel kinda creaks if you know what I mean. I have the six and it starts hard. Could have been the previous rental on cheap gas. Not a 460 but decent, leather is cheap. All in all a decent car for the price. Looks nice but the fender scoops are a turn off. Three for a six and four for an eight.

Perhaps Steve, It was the second call to Nationwide from Lexus that bumped it up $2965 on add ons. Took a side hit as I swerved and sent a Ford 250 to a tow. Head on I would surely get a new one. Sterling McCall was recommended as the best and what sold me is their paint techs are certified after a course by Lexus on the three stage painting process. Another thought to Blake on the Lucerne..Nice car but maybe the six cylinder turned me off. I would think the v8 would be worth looking into. Seems like once you are in a v8 the sixes are rather bland and noisy, less smooth on acelleration.. Front wheel drive is also not for me. Seats are wider and kinda sloppy like the 400/430. Headroom would not be any advantage not sure about the legroom big guy. Your legs are longer than a runway model...LOL :D

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I got the car back and they did a flawless job. Beautiful!!!! Yay :D Drove her back from Houston yesterday..no issues. While in Houston I went to Sterling Mccall Lexus to get a Hat and the chrome Lexus emblems for my chrome wheels. They put the emblems on and I picked out a hat. They shook my hand and said have a safe trip. I was expecting to pay..since I got the car from another Dealer.How nice. Gotta Love Lexus.