Spark Plug Purchase - Best Brand And Price

Lots of previous discussions on this topic if you use the Search function in the GS forum. Concensus seems to be it's best to go with either NGK or Denso Iridium plugs since they last longest and give excellent performance. Also because changing plugs in the GS3 is a pain in the !Removed! for most of us. Cost should be about $7.50 for the NGK IX and $12.00 for the Denso IK16.

Is this the best plug to get for a change? they are two electrode (and seem to be) platinum. Should I go with Bosch? NGK? Isn't $10/plug a bit much? who has them cheaper than lexuspartsonline.com?

thanks!

I would stay with OEM plugs platinum/iridium Worth the cost and you will not have any problems. Our cars are very sensitive when it comes to plugs.

Lots of previous discussions on this topic if you use the Search function in the GS forum. Concensus seems to be it's best to go with either NGK or Denso Iridium plugs since they last longest and give excellent performance. Also because changing plugs in the GS3 is a pain in the !Removed! for most of us. Cost should be about $7.50 for the NGK IX and $12.00 for the Denso IK16.

I agree to stick with OE iridiums....either NGK or Denso. The two models you mention above however are not OE plugs & do not have the longevity of the OE ones.

:cheers:

I agree to stick with OE iridiums....either NGK or Denso. The two models you mention above however are not OE plugs & do not have the longevity of the OE ones.

:cheers:

Again, Only OEM for my lex. :cheers:

Are you guys (Lexusfreak & dcfish) saying the OEM plugs last longer and give preferred (or better) performance versus the premium class Iridium plugs I mentioned above? The folks at sparkplugs.com list the OEM NGK BKR5EKPB-11 and Denso PK16TR11 plugs as being double ground Platinum center electrode. I thought the Iridium plugs had the longevity edge over Platinum plugs, and were therefore preferred. If you guys say OEM then I would certainly be inclined to agree (especially considering your post counts on the forum) but it seems to go against common sense.

Are you guys (Lexusfreak & dcfish) saying the OEM plugs last longer and give preferred (or better) performance versus the premium class Iridium plugs I mentioned above? The folks at sparkplugs.com list the OEM NGK BKR5EKPB-11 and Denso PK16TR11 plugs as being double ground Platinum center electrode. I thought the Iridium plugs had the longevity edge over Platinum plugs, and were therefore preferred. If you guys say OEM then I would certainly be inclined to agree (especially considering your post counts on the forum) but it seems to go against common sense.

Iridium will last longer than platinum, Do yourself a favor and don't play with fire (plugs) You can mod the hell out of these cars, But keep the plugs original equipment. ;)