New Front Lip

Well, here it is...ta-da! It looks great and I am pretty happy with it. OK here's the run down:

Front Lip,found on eBay, direct from Japan, It took two weeks to have it shipped.

$149 for the part, it was already primed but needed some more work as it had some rough areas. It also came folded in three sections! It wasn't shipped in a box, it was folded in two areas, right above where you see the two smaller air vents. The piece stayed folded but in a few hours sitting on my balcony, it straightened out! by morning you would not have known that it had been folded... isn't that wild? Anyway, as I said: The part itself,

$149

shipping,

$99

prepping, painting and installation by a good body shop that guarantees it's work and color matches exactly,

$700

total

$948

I found one place that would have done it for under $400 but they would have had to keep my car for three days and I didn't get a good feeling about them. The place that I went with did great work from what I saw, and they guaranteed their work.

I hope this helps some of you...it's interesting at the least! Oh, and the lip IS DIFFERENT than the one on the ad! The one that you see here on my car also had four vertical thin bars for support which I blacked out. It actually looks good with them. I used wide black electrical tape to see which way I like it best. You are looking at the blacked out version here. I did the same with the factory bumper air scoop as well if you look closely you can't see the horizontal bars that go across the 400h's air scoop...see?

Anyway, it is all so much fun,isn't it? OK, I just added the picture that I took before I blacked out the vertical bars... what do you think? Bars?, no bars? Rey Bustos in L.A.

OK, one more addition!...as of today, Feb 23rd, I added the mesh screen to the larger center air vent and decided that the bars looked great with the mesh. I love it this way. I also added the chrome trim along the seam that connected the new lip to the old bumper. I hope that you can see this. I have already gotten some great comments from the locals! I am also including a picture of the after market wood trim, actually two sets so as to have it two toned, and the steering wheel and wooden shifter that I found on eBay. Rey

post-26996-1202957818_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1202960704_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1203953790_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1203953984_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1204599917_thumb.jpg

Definitely no bars. Nice work and thanks for the detailed info.

rgray,

Yeah, I think you're right...I have black tape over them so that I can live with it this way for a day or two...yes, I like the blacked out view....I think...Oy Vey! Thanks for the input, Rey

She looks gorgeous! I love it!!!

Thanks! So what do YOU think? Hmm? Bars?, no bars? Chime in. I took off the tape today so today I have the bars showing. If you saw the car in person, it actually looks pretty good with the vertical bars. But I can go either way, thus the confusion. Rey

She looks gorgeous! I love it!!!

Thanks! So what do YOU think? Hmm? Bars?, no bars? Chime in. I took off the tape today so today I have the bars showing. If you saw the car in person, it actually looks pretty good with the vertical bars. But I can go either way, thus the confusion. Rey

I like it both ways, If I had to choose I would go without the bars. That's just me :cheers:

Hey, now you're gona have to change your avatar!

Nice work.

I had to actually look up "Avatar"! Thanks, I'm pretty jazzed. Right now I took off the tape so it's got the bars showing, or "teeth" as "RX400h" called them.

where did you get the running boards ?

I found them pretty easily on eBay. I accidentally bid on two and had to buy both so I'm giving a pair away to a LexusClub member. I mentioned this last year and finally took me up on getting free running boards. They are actually called NERF BARS so when you look for them on ebay, use that term. Happy hunting. You can find them for about $300, I got one used pair, the ones I'm giving away, for about $200. At the dealership they are $900! It takes about an hour to put on so when you get them, do it yourself. Rey