Adding keyless entry to ES300???

• 1 month later...

there is already a stock keyless entry on your main keys. the small black button on the side of the key unlocks and locks your doors. it doesn't make a sound, but it does it. i was thinking about a piggyback aftermarket alarm with beeping lock and unlock, as well as separate lock and unlock buttons. the no beeping thing is annoying... but you've got a stock keyless. try it, or replace/install a battery in it to get it working.

well for the older generations, i'm not sure how they reprogram keys. i have the newer lexus' combination for reprogramming the key, but it's for the multi-button keys. i would suggest going with an aftermarket alarm. it'll protect, you can get 2-way paging, auto-start, beeping for unlock/lock, windows, light control. lots of stuff.

yeah true.. i actually need to get an alarm as i have just installed $1400 worth of ICE.. and more to come.

just a shame really...

It is illegal in the UK to have Auto Start.. its available but if your caught using it you can get a nice hefty fine. Even if you get out of the car with the engine running to post a letter will get you a fine! :( :(

wow i was just in london a few months ago never knew that they had outlawed remote starters(almost brought one over for my cousin) :unsure:

i can't live without mine :lol:

my 94 does have the stock alarm (as well as another aftermarket one )and the volume knob is beside the power mirror switch on that little rectangular piece of plastic

maybe it is because we have a cold weather kit also which includes the headlight washers and heated mirrors

my cousin has a 93 i think from the states and it has a little switch instead of a knob on that piece

95-96 in Canada all have the knob there ,also shows it in the owners manual

my car has this very tinny elctronic chirp when i arm or disarm but doesn't flash the lights

wow that's scary... i'm sorry, steve, but remote starters are awesome.

i wanted to get one for the ES, but i don't have anything installed, and my mom thinks no one's gonna steal the car anyways. i'm pretty sure no one's gonna steal it either. i park away from the school itself anyways...

• 2 months later...

i wish mine beeped. trying to hear all my locks click at once is hard... so i always pull on the handle to make sure they're locked before i leave the car. a remote entry fob would be so much easier.

gosh sk, you're just posting everywhere on loc aren't ya. :)