Gas

yellowIS300love

Ok everyone, I am getting tired of having to visit the gas station every day for fuel.

I have a 2001 Lexus IS300. Does anyone else who drives this model notice that it eats,

breaths and sleeps away gas?

If not, what could be my problem?

If so, what can I do or modify to help me out with this?

I do not have a heavy foot and I use the cruise control every chance that I get.

Thank you!

Hi. I have a 2002 model but MFD is 09/01 of the IS300 and i have the same issue..I have a injen Air intake but no other mod. And to tell you guys where i live the gallon of fuel cost 8,09 $ so the fuel bill is sky high....

I live in Iceland..and the cost for 1 ltr of fuel is 132.9 Icelandic Krona the 1 USD = 63.2 ISK

so it gives us 3.8 ltr = 1 Gallon

3.8 x 132.9 = 505.02 ISK / 63.2 = 7.99 USD

So my car is using 15-17 ltr per 100 km and so every 60 miles cost me aprox 33.6 USD

I think Iceland (Reykjavik) is in the 3rd place of places where it is most expensive to live in

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/invest/extra/P143604.asp

Happy days guys :)

jeeeezus i'm glad i'm not there!

but my only advice would be disconnect the negative battery terminal for ~20 minutes and put it back on and drive really gently for the next 50 miles or so.. the ECU will start to "learn" how you drive.. beyond that, maybe run some BG44k through the tank once? check for leaks (if it's really sleeping through gas :P)

thats funny that you live in iceland and drive. i know a guy who said his friend just doesnt drive cause gas is so much. i think he was from Ireland or something where its super expensive and better to ride or walk cause to buy a gallon you have to work for an hour just to get you to work. LOL