60000 Mile Service Rx300 2003

sairam

Hi,

My 2003 RX300 is due for a 60000 mile service. I am being quoted $1375 and a big chunk of the cost is valve adjustment. The same service without a valve adjustment is being quoted at $837. Is this valve adjustment required at 60000 miles? I use the RX300 just for commuting to work and dont really drive it under offroad conditions -- in other words, its gently used.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

s

I personally would not get the valves adjusted. My car has 145k miles and never been adjusted and it is as quiet as new.

Look at the "recommeded" maintenance schedule in your owners manual. Unless you use the car as a taxi my guess would be an oil/filter change, engine and pollen air filter, under $50, will suffice.

Holy crow, are you kidding me? My 2004 RX330 has 55k on the clock. This is shocking. I don't recall ever reading that the valves need adjusting. What modern, solid lifter engine needs its valves adjusted?

What else are they doing for that money.

Regular oil change, replace wipers, flush transmission, flush brake fluids, check hoses etc -- I have asked for a complete listing to be faxed to me. Once I get it i will post it here. Thanks everyone for replying.

Holy crow, are you kidding me? My 2004 RX330 has 55k on the clock. This is shocking. I don't recall ever reading that the valves need adjusting. What modern, solid lifter engine needs its valves adjusted?

What else are they doing for that money.

Regular oil change, replace wipers, flush transmission, flush brake fluids, check hoses etc -- I have asked for a complete listing to be faxed to me. Once I get it i will post it here. Thanks everyone for replying.

My brother's '91 full spec LS400, 125,000 miles, has NEVER seen the inside of the Ridgeway Lexus shop nor the previous one, and never will.

RIP-OFF ARTISTS...

Not unlike EVERY Lexus service shop.

No need to post THEIR schedule, most of us stick to the factory recommendations.