Black Friday...

djspawn00

I'm writing this at 6:34am as I've just returned from circuit city. I had figured I'd wake up around 4'ish and wait an hour until the store opens... unfortunately about 200 people beat me to it and were lined up outside in the cold... I said screw it and got some breakfast instead. My friend's 16 year old son was the first one on line and he waited there since 10am on thanksgiving day. I'd hate to see what other stores look like. My prayers and condolences go out to all of those who have to work retail today.

I worked retail in the mid-90's. I'm sure glad stores weren't opening at 4 or 6 in the morning back then. It was bad enough having to work until 11 at night!

I'm not going anywhere near the mall..... for about a month.... if I can help it!

Funny, I thought black friday shopping was the worst, try shopping over here in the Philippines during the holidays, there's barely any room to move around these gigantic malls! lol..

So any good buys from the day after Thanksgiving sale??? :whistles:

at times like these i couldn't be more thankful for internet shopping. :pirate:

AMEN!!! We buy in baby steps - gift cards at the grocery store, internet, odd times, etc.

Den - there were good deals yesterday, but nothing good enough to get me any where near the stores! :blink:

at times like these i couldn't be more thankful for internet shopping. :pirate:

AMEN!!! We buy in baby steps - gift cards at the grocery store, internet, odd times, etc.

Den - there were good deals yesterday, but nothing good enough to get me any where near the stores! :blink:

really? lol.. I wouldn't know cuz I dont have a newspaper over here of the thanksgiving sales lol..

So did everyone have a great Thanksgiving though??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I do my Christmas shopping right before Christmas. By this point the stores have seen their holiday profits won't be what they've hoped and prices come DOWN from where they were the day after Thanksgiving.

I do know people who do the black friday thing, for them its more a tradition than it is a way to save money.

I do my Christmas shopping right before Christmas. By this point the stores have seen their holiday profits won't be what they've hoped and prices come DOWN from where they were the day after Thanksgiving.

Is there anything left then? I worked in retail in college & we'd have guys come in on Christmas eve. Our store was cleaned out!! I worked in a bath/body store & we had soap, shampoo and face wash left. Slim pickins'!

I do know people who do the black friday thing, for them its more a tradition than it is a way to save money.

Yep, I know people who do that. I always like when a store will get in a certain quantity of products for example 50 flat screen TV's for $500.00. Then there are 300 people in line when the store opens - all wanting the tv's. Crazy....

Is there anything left then? I worked in retail in college & we'd have guys come in on Christmas eve. Our store was cleaned out!! I worked in a bath/body store & we had soap, shampoo and face wash left. Slim pickins'!

Yep, no problem. Business isn't good enough to clear out inventory anymore.

Yep, no problem. Business isn't good enough to clear out inventory anymore.

Ahhhhh - gottcha! Sounds like you have it all worked out then.

Well - I finished another person up today. Ordered a key chain that holds digital pictures from dell.com. They even had a deal for free shipping. Yippee!

I havent done any yet lol ;)

My hubby's side of the family has to be done in 2 or 3 weeks as we do Christmas early with his family. We head to Cincinnati over the Christmas weekend to be with my family. So we have to have an early start.

Good luck!