Is250 - Cd Stuck In Player - Please Help

Hello.

I have an 2007 IS250 without navi and today I was listening to some tunes and then the player just stopped for no reason. At first I thought maybe the cd-r was scratched so I skipped tracks. Nope, nothing happened. I then skipped to the next track and again nothing. I decided to skip to a different disc and again nothing is happening. The disk number changes and the track number will change but nothing happens. I tried to eject the disk and the little amber light flashes and nothing comes out. The cds appears to be trapped inside the player.

Does anyone know if there is away to get the cds to come out of the cd drive? Is there a manual way to do this or some way of pushing a pin of some sort? I want to save a trip to my Lexus dealership. Thank you all for any help in advance.

this happened to me in one of my older cars.... and i could get the cds out by pressing the eject button and using another cd and kinda pushing it in the cd slot at an angle... no idea if this will work for you, but it has worked before.... anyways you might try it

Hello.

I have an 2007 IS250 without navi and today I was listening to some tunes and then the player just stopped for no reason. At first I thought maybe the cd-r was scratched so I skipped tracks. Nope, nothing happened. I then skipped to the next track and again nothing. I decided to skip to a different disc and again nothing is happening. The disk number changes and the track number will change but nothing happens. I tried to eject the disk and the little amber light flashes and nothing comes out. The cds appears to be trapped inside the player.

Does anyone know if there is away to get the cds to come out of the cd drive? Is there a manual way to do this or some way of pushing a pin of some sort? I want to save a trip to my Lexus dealership. Thank you all for any help in advance.

Where in Ca., I can save you a few dollars , but i Have to take apart ur dash to get to the cd player, remove the cover and remove the cds. I'm in Orange County. Contact me further if you are interested. :unsure:

My CD player did the exact same thing about 8000 miles into service. I took it to the dealer and, of course, it didn't mess-up when the technician was looking at it. However, having the great service that Lexus does, they went ahead and replaced the unit under warranty. They did ask me if I had homemade CD's in there. I had about half burned half retail. Anyway, they didn't seem like they wanted to blame it on that. I now have over 40k miles now and the replacement is doing great.

You're -supposed- to use burned CDs in it. Says so right in the owners manual. So they can't "blame" it on that and deny a warranty repair.
Only music and other audio CDs with the

mark shown at left can be used. CD-Rs, CDROMs

and CDs with copy-protect features

cannot be used.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ost&id=3794

If you have home burned CD's in there, the dealer is likely to blame it on that.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

I stopped of at my dealer on my lunch and they blamed it on the burned cd's. I think this is total crap because the cd player is designed to allow cd-r media to be used. I had two previous IS's and I always used burned discs. I tend to use six discs and load them up with mp3s and listen to my tunes. I never had any problems with this before and then it stopped playing.

Lexus has placed an order for a new drive and will call me when it arrives. I guess they have to swap it out with a new drive and then they will mail me the cds back. I could care less about my burned cds though. I'm kind of shocked to hear that they actually blamed the cd-r's as the problem. They told me to stop using copied or burned cds in the car. I'm sorry, I will continue ti used burned media until Lexus updates the owner's manual stating that the consumer is not supposed to use burned cds. I love Lexus but this is a lame excuse.

I'm glad they are fixing it though. :)

If you have home burned CD's in there, the dealer is likely to blame it on that.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

I stopped of at my dealer on my lunch and they blamed it on the burned cd's. I think this is total crap because the cd player is designed to allow cd-r media to be used. I had two previous IS's and I always used burned discs. I tend to use six discs and load them up with mp3s and listen to my tunes. I never had any problems with this before and then it stopped playing.

Lexus has placed an order for a new drive and will call me when it arrives. I guess they have to swap it out with a new drive and then they will mail me the cds back. I could care less about my burned cds though. I'm kind of shocked to hear that they actually blamed the cd-r's as the problem. They told me to stop using copied or burned cds in the car. I'm sorry, I will continue ti used burned media until Lexus updates the owner's manual stating that the consumer is not supposed to use burned cds. I love Lexus but this is a lame excuse.

I'm glad they are fixing it though. :)

Many other posters have reported the same response from their dealer, here and other sites. It's total BS.

And yet, the dealers keep replacing them free under warranty.

because it -is- BS.

The owners manual explicitly allows mp3 discs to be used, and it's required to be fixed under warranty.

They might moan about it, but they CAN NOT deny the warranty repair for a use that is explicitly allowed in the manual.

BTW, in the manual you linked to, right there on page 190, it EXPLICITLY lists CD-Rs as playable.

"Compatible media:

Media that can be used for MP3 and WMA playback are CD-Rs and CD-RWs"

Just open the manual and point to that if they give you any more garbage about not being a warranty repair.

And yet, the dealers keep replacing them free under warranty.

because it -is- BS.

The owners manual explicitly allows mp3 discs to be used, and it's required to be fixed under warranty.

They might moan about it, but they CAN NOT deny the warranty repair for a use that is explicitly allowed in the manual.

BTW, in the manual you linked to, right there on page 190, it EXPLICITLY lists CD-Rs as playable.

"Compatible media:

Media that can be used for MP3 and WMA playback are CD-Rs and CD-RWs"

Just open the manual and point to that if they give you any more garbage about not being a warranty repair.

All CDR's are not created equal. The manual also says:

•CD-R or CD-RW playback may not be possible in some instances, depending

on the characteristics of the disc.

So it appears that if you want to play CDR, you take your chances.

All I originally said was that the dealer would make the claim and try to blame it on burned CD. Rightly or wrongly, some dealers will try to do exactly that as witnessed above. I said that just to make the person aware that this could happen.

Yes, it says playback may not be possible. As in if you don't burn it correctly the music might not play.

Which has nothing to do with the disc going into and out of the changer correctly.

CD-Rs are explicitly supported, and while I agree the dealer might well "blame" it on using them, they can't do anything at all to stop you from getting it fixed free under warranty.

It does seem to be a moderately common problem (there's at least 3 or 4 threads on Club Lexus about exactly this problem) but in every case the dealer (who in some cases tried to complain about use of CD-Rs) replaced it free under warranty, because it's a supported use of the device.

Dealers (depending on the dealer) will say a lot of things, but as long as you remain aware they're required to fix it you can let em say whatever they want :)

•CD-R or CD-RW playback may not be possible in some instances, depending

on the characteristics of the disc. ----This means the thickness of the burned cd can vary from a standard compact disc, it may get jammed in the changer. I've noticed the cheap cd-r's are way too thick and cause all types of problems. Buy quality cd-r blanks and you shouldn't have preoblems with the changer getting jammed.

No, it doesn't mean that. It means some discs might not be -playable-

Like if it has scratches, wasn't burned properly, etc. In fact it specifically says "Playback may not be possible or the audio may jump if the disc is scratched or marked with fingerprints"

it then goes on for 2 more pages about exactly how the disc has to be burned, what mix of files you can use, what kinda folder/filename structure is ok, etc...

That has nothing to do with getting stuck in the mechanism when inserting or removing.

If it meant thickness specifically it would say thickness, and if it meant getting stiuck it wouldn't refer to playback.

It does explicitly mention elsewhere that CD-Rs -with sticky labels- can cause a problem specifically with ejecting. It has a seperate section on such. Where it doesn't state CD-Rs in general aren't allowed. Just not to use added labels. (It also mentions CDs that are deformed, are a smaller diameter, or have translucent recording areas can cause similar eject problems).

I agree not to use crap CD-Rs though because you may have playback problems, bad burns, etc...

The point here is that the poster was informed that the dealer might try to blame the problem on burned CD's, and as it turned out he did try that. This happens often, but in this case the driver knew this might happen and was forewarned. Rightly or wrongly dealers will do this and it's helpful for the driver to know about it before taking the car in for this type of problem.

End of story.