Tickets For Tints?

my buddy can get me a great deal on tints but theres one catch he only has film for either 20% or 35%. I want to get 20 but im worried about gettin too many tickets. Anyone in NY have experience with getting tickets for tints if so how much was the fine. Another option is 35% in the front and 20 in the back to keep it legal.

my buddy can get me a great deal on tints but theres one catch he only has film for either 20% or 35%. I want to get 20 but im worried about gettin too many tickets. Anyone in NY have experience with getting tickets for tints if so how much was the fine. Another option is 35% in the front and 20 in the back to keep it legal.

in the front u cannot have anything at all but there is no fine involved u just have to go there and show them u took em off, whatever you do though make sure you put the same number all around or it will not look right

Yeah, they just changed the legal limits here Florida. It used to be 17%. Now it's like 30%. As most factory tints were 24%.

Garden City, Nassau County, and Suffolk County cops don't really care about tints, anything over 70% is illegal. I've had tints on every car and only gotten a ticket once in manhattan. Having a valid PBA card can get you out of it too. The fine was $65. I mailed a reciept showing that I removed the tints (true or not is up to you) and the fine was reduced to $5 with a $30 surcharge. I've been rolling around with 35% on most vehicles. Also, whats a good deal? I can probably hook you up for better.