93 Ls400 Engine Check Light, Jerky Acceleration !

knightakkord

my 93 ls400 engine check light is on, i'm not sure what is causing it, but when i go 70-80 mph and then let off the gas slightly, the car jerks like it's choking for a second or two. PLEASE I NEED HELP!!! what are the known problems for the engine check light to come on and are any of them associated with this problem??

Email me at: blackakkord@yahoo.com

i'm having a similar problem with my 93 LS (114, 500 miles). the odd thing is, the light only comes on when i reach sustained highway speeds (70-80 mph). I reset the light after the trip and it will not come on (for weeks) until i get on the highway again. any ideas? similar to the above post, my car seems to stumble also on occasion.

You need to get into diagnostics and read what fail codes are in your ECM before you go and assume anything. You have to take a wire and short between two terminals (TE1 and E1) on the Data Link Connector, one located under the drivers instrument panel and and one in the engine compartment. Ether connecter will work. If you are not comfortable jumpering these two pins, get a friend that is comfortable with doing it. You count the blinks of the engine malfunction to retrieve a code from the ECM. After you count the blinks, let us know what the code is and you can go from there to put you in the ballpark of what is causing your check engine light.

You need to get into diagnostics and read what fail codes are in your ECM before you go and assume anything.  You have to take a wire and short between two terminals (TE1 and E1) on the Data Link Connector, one located under the drivers instrument panel and and one in the engine compartment.  Ether connecter will work.  If you are not comfortable jumpering these two pins, get a friend that is comfortable with doing it.  You count the blinks of the engine malfunction to retrieve a code from the ECM.  After you count the blinks, let us know what the code is and you can go from there to put you in the ballpark of what is causing your check engine light.

Huh? All you do is hold the OFF + REC button (climate control) as you turn your key to the on position. The error codes will display on your top LCD. It's very easy.

Is it different for tranny problems?