Window Control Failure

Although the front passenger can control their own window just fine, the driver control for the right front passenger window just died. Anyone else had that kind of switch failure? Strange thing is if the passenger is controlling it up, the driver control WILL still prevent it from going up if driver is trying to control their window down ... but if passenger lets off the button? Nothing. Weird. So after 2 years and 30K miles, this will be our 1st warranty claim.

How often do you use that window? I ask because this is a not-too-uncommon malady with some Corvette owners, primarily because they don't use their passenger-side window, much.

How often do you use that window? I ask because this is a not-too-uncommon malady with some Corvette owners, primarily because they don't use their passenger-side window, much.

Usually they stay up. So when it's hot, it goes down just to accelerate AC effect. Down long enough to let heat out, then back up. Maybe 2 or 3 single uses per week. Will see what the shop says tonight.

I've had a similar problem on my 400h intermittently. It's the rear passenger window, driver side. In one case, my son couldn't raise it with his switch but I could raise it from the driver's switch. In another case, I couldn't raise it with the driver's switch at first but eventually it came up using that switch. I'll be interested to hear if it's a switch problem or wire connection problem to the window motor. Because the problem is sporadic, I haven't been able to take it to the dealer so they can see the problem.

Is the small green led on the r/f switch blinking?

There IS a tiny l.e.d. that works, if it's the one you're talking about. The one I'm looking at indicates whether the passenger windows are locked out from passenger use. So it's lit if they're locked, and off when they're available for independent use. That light seems fine.

YES ! ! Programming! :rolleyes:

Fortunately before I got to the dealer I read the post below on the 'regular' RX forrum:

I found the solution. All windows from all seat positions half way down then all the way up, hold one second. Now they are reset and they work perfectly from the driver's seat! The sunroof also needs resetting after a battery change. All makes sense, I guess, but hard to find in the manual.

Apparently some unknown (won't fess up) person was messin' w/ the window, trying to roll down while the driver was tryin' to roll up. BAM. Programming lost ... but to just one window. So if you're in that scenerio, the above is the cure. Whew! Thanks folks, you're all the best.

Happy to help, Someone. I've been through this twice from leaving an interior lamp on all night and draining the battery. Somehow one wouldn't expect power windows to lose their program so easily, or even require programming at all.

Tom