Outside Tempreture Reading Problem

shaun786

Well if you look at it closely you can see one of the wire is not connected... I guess that is the problem but it wont go in to its socket easily I might havent open the top part of the sensor and see if it will fit then... Thanks for the help..

Looks like you would need to replace the terminal inside the connector socket. You can get from the Lexus dealer, probably even Toyota, and it will come with a short length of wire. You just have to remove the old terminal, insert new one and the splice the wire to main wiring.

• 1 month later...
Well if you look at it closely you can see one of the wire is not connected... I guess that is the problem but it wont go in to its socket easily I might havent open the top part of the sensor and see if it will fit then... Thanks for the help..

Remove the sensor from its socket, solder two wires to the sensor connections and then use butt splices to connect back into the wiring harness. Insulate WELL...

While you're at it you might consider relocating the sensor since in its OEM position it is often influenced by radiant heat from the condensor/radiator stack when idling or moving slowly in stop and go traffic. I moved mine into the right front just behind the bumper.

Later models have added DSP, Digital Signal Processing, to "filter out" these radiant effects.

i have changed the coolant , the thermostart no diference yet, need some help to get heat for the winter

Have you tried the MAX HEAT, highest heat setting, position?

In that mode ALL sensors are ignored, the servo motors are "blindly" driven to the maximum heat position.

If that should work then there is a simple diagnostic procedure the owner can use to determine which sensor has failed, is failing.