es300 radio and alarm

skanan

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds wrong. Maybe they meant the "this radio will be disabled if removed" feature. The radio goes braindead after the power has been disconnected for a certian time. I think it's turned off by default and the dealer can revive it.

But anyway, if you're tossing the radio in the trash; what difference does it make?

Tom

• 5 weeks later...

i am 100% positive the shops are wrong. over at our CL board, so many first-gen ES's have replaced their stock radios, cd changers, etc. the most that will happen would be your stock radio needing to be unlocked by the dealer when you put it back in. (not even sure if you need to do that...)

changing the radio won't hurt your alarm system. i think they're talking about somethin with the alarm going off if the radio is removed. but the stock radio can be replaced... no problems.

• 1 month later...

the 93 has no anti theft lock in it

there is a kit by metra that replaces the deck to accept a single din

radio

the amp for the radio is under the passenger seat where all the wires for the speakers are located

none behind the deck to the speakers

• 1 month later...

Nick,

I am not sure if you still have the radio, but if it is the deck with cd changer controls, I would like to buy it off of you. My 92 es has a busted volume knob, and I was looking into getting a new one. e-mail me to let me know if you have it or don't have it-

Brian

• 2 years later...